05 up Tacoma Bed spare tire mounts

Bigislandrock

Bigislandrock
In the middle of designing and welding a spare tire bed mount/rack. Its a cross between a 'Pack Rackʻ design with a tire mount on top.

Question is : How does this mount to the rails without drilling holes?

The only option i figured was mounting it similar to how those bed rail "tie-down" are attached. Drilling holes in the flat bar mount and securing it with something out there like those sliding tie-down things. Or, some kinda bar mount to the bed floor mounts. Problem with that is the bar mount will get in the way of additional gear put in the bed.

I dont know what the weight/strenght limits of those sliding rails are but iʻm hoping the pack rack tire mount is light weighʻd as the tire/wheel is about 90lbs. I donʻt want it sliding right off the bed...lol

Any suggestions? Thx

Last edited:
The pack rack from all pro offroad uses a piece of flat bar that slides into where the tie down cleats are in. The flat bar then has drilled and tapped holes in them so when you tighten the bolts up it pulls against the lip on the rail

The pack rack from all pro offroad uses a piece of flat bar that slides into where the tie down cleats are in. The flat bar then has drilled and tapped holes in them so when you tighten the bolts up it pulls against the lip on the rail

Thanks! That totally makes sense!

Back