10 mpg city on 2015 I4 certified used at 28k

righty

I love my new truck, but am a bit dismayed at the gas milage. I thought it was a bit gas hungry, so this time I recorded milage at last fill up and just filled her up again. I did all city driving and am getting 9.47 mpg?!? I have been driving like an old lady for the most part I swear. It is due for its 30k checkup - what could I have them check for this? Note it has really lousy new tires from the dealer - Primewell P245/75R I know they are garbage, but could tired be contributing this much? I'm really depressed...

Oh my god, extreme typo... I am a total idiot
Still, getting 16.25

That’s better (but not very good). My 2015 has about 38k with the 2.7, and with slightly bigger AT’s and a large body contractor cap I am in the low teens around town. Still can get a bit over 20 on the highway if I keep my speed down and take it easy, but that is rare.

That’s better (but not very good). My 2015 has about 38k with the 2.7, and with slightly bigger AT’s and a large body contractor cap I am in the low teens around town. Still can get a bit over 20 on the highway if I keep my speed down and take it easy, but that is rare.
Sounds like he’s getting better mpg than you if you’re getting low teens around town and he’s getting 16 around town.

I love my new truck, but am a bit dismayed at the gas milage. I thought it was a bit gas hungry, so this time I recorded milage at last fill up and just filled her up again. I did all city driving and am getting 9.47 mpg?!? I have been driving like an old lady for the most part I swear. It is due for its 30k checkup - what could I have them check for this? Note it has really lousy new tires from the dealer - Primewell P245/75R I know they are garbage, but could tired be contributing this much? I'm really depressed...
A tune-up will improve mpg.​

I recently got a 2007 V6 and on a highway drive at 75mph cruise I got 26mpg....a 4 cyl getting 10mpg city sounds bizarre.

Back