12V accessory outlets

PTR91Ron

I've noticed once when I was going to charge my phone with the 12V acc. outlet, that it wouldn't charge with the ignition off, I had to turn it on or start the truck. Is there a simple way to change it? So it will charge while off with no key in the ignition in the acc mode? All my previous vehicles were able to charge while off.

I've noticed once when I was going to charge my phone with the 12V acc. outlet, that it wouldn't charge with the ignition off, I had to turn it on or start the truck. Is there a simple way to change it? So it will charge while off with no key in the ignition in the acc mode? All my previous vehicles were able to charge while off.
No. Unless you run the wire to a fuse that has constant power.

Ya that's one thing I'm not a fan of about the Tacoma's, most manufacturers leave a constant hot somewhere but I guess Toyota decided not to, as of changing it, I've never looked in to it, or even thought about it for that matter... But that would be something worth looking in to

Ya that's one thing I'm not a fan of about the Tacoma's, most manufacturers leave a constant hot somewhere but I guess Toyota decided not to, as of changing it, I've never looked in to it, or even thought about it for that matter... But that would be something worth looking in to
Maybe either run the current wire or buy an aftermarket and wire it in one of your empty slots. If you have any that is.

What I did to mine. The fuse box that's under the dash left side under the steering wheel. There is a constant power fuse. When you look at the fuse box it's the top right fuse. Hit it with the voltage meter first see if it has power with the truck off. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1493638843.430297.jpg if you have one of these in the picture makes it look a lot cleaner when it comes to splicing it.

What I did to mine. The fuse box that's under the dash left side under the steering wheel. There is a constant power fuse. When you look at the fuse box it's the top right fuse. Hit it with the voltage meter first see if it has power with the truck off. View attachment 11426 if you have one of these in the picture makes it look a lot cleaner when it comes to splicing it.
This is what I want to do, vice dismantling everything. Can you give me the specs on that?

Back