13 Backup Camera

mikcas13

I recently bought my first Taco. It did not have a backup camera or wiper control with the delay wipers. I purchased a new wiper control already.

Before I purchase the tailgate handle with the camera mounted in it, does anyone know if the 2013's are prewired for the backup camera to work with the radio?

I recently bought my first Taco. It did not have a backup camera or wiper control with the delay wipers. I purchased a new wiper control already.

Before I purchase the tailgate handle with the camera mounted in it, does anyone know if the 2013's are prewired for the backup camera to work with the radio?
All you need to do is open your tailgate and look to see if there is a wire going from the bed to the tailgate. If there is then it's pre wired.

Thank you Demo.

I did see the wires going into the tailgate. Waiting to get it back from the repair shop because of the recent hail damage. Planning to install the wiper control with the delay when I get it back too.

Just curious how much the wiper control was?

Was planning to put in the backup camera first until we started getting all the rain after I bought my taco. The wiper control does drive me crazy.

Yes, it's possible to install a backup camera on the 2013 Tacoma with a radio that is not an Entune radio system. You will have to run a harness from the tailgate to the front. It's not hard and only took me about 45 minutes to complete.

Back