'17 TRD Sport DCLB Inferno

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by arm76, May 16, 2018.

1. arm76

arm76 Active Member

I've experienced some of the issues described on this forum such as, axle wrap, the forward "lunge" while stopped, and gear hunting. At just over 5k km's (3k miles) and it seems to be slightly better. The issues are definitely still there, I'm just not sure if they are as noticeable as when new. No leaky differential, so far. Mine is an October '17, Texas build. The fit and finish seem to be a notch above my '15 Highlander AWD LE Plus. I like my truck but I'm still waiting to see if I'll ever love it. 20180513_150547.jpg

Scott Wyman, B-Man and OR17TRD like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Raeburn

Raeburn Well-Known Member

I'm at 11,000 kms (6800 miles), October 2017 build also. Double cab shortbox offroad. The gear hunting has pretty much disappeared, still feel some axle wrap and the odd "lunge" .
    All in all I'd say I love this truck now, I test drove a sport, Offroad, gmc canyon v6, Chevy Colorado diesel last year before getting this Tacoma. I have no regrets!
    I know this truck won't be everyone's cup of tea but it has certainly won me over after 11,000kms!
    I agree on the fit and finish, definitely better than the GMC /Chevy twins in my opinion.
    Every truck you test drive has positives and negatives, don't think there's one perfect truck lol!
    BTW love the Inferno! Was so close to getting that colour!

4. OP
    arm76

arm76 Active Member

Thanks for the glimpse into my hopeful future! I'm glad to hear that you love it. It's reassuring. This is my 4th Toyota vehicle and the only one that hasn't won my over since day 1. It's like you said, there's not one perfect truck.
    Thanks for sharing!

5. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

Sweet truck great color choice I got 21,000 on my 2016 and I love driving it but I never use drive I always use s-mode I like the tires you have on it too . 20180517_063806_Film1.jpg

arm76 likes this.
  6. OP
    arm76

arm76 Active Member

I don't know why I'm only seeing this now lol.
    Mine truck came with Toyo Open Country A30's. I'm not a fan of the Open Country's. I had them on my 1st Highlander and they were horrible. That's why the first thing I did was buy new tires for this one.

7. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Agreed. They were on my 17 Sport. Worst traction for wet roads I’ve ever had. Seems like they’d do better with the tread design but I’ll never buy a set.

arm76 likes this.
  8. OP
    arm76

arm76 Active Member

Same

Bogunn likes this.
  9. bumpedmyhead

bumpedmyhead Well-Known Member

The Firestone Destinations came on my 18 Sport. They sucked in Florida rain storms. Switched to Wildpeaks, which are freakin awesome. Been driving in rain everday! 20180821_142714.jpeg

Cape taco, OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  10. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

The truck looks so good now.

bumpedmyhead likes this.
  11. OP
    arm76

arm76 Active Member

Like I said earlier, my '17 Sport came with Open Country A30's but the spare is a Firestone Destination...

12. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

The firestones suck on the beach too !

bumpedmyhead likes this.