17 TRD sport paint pealing

warakesTaco

After a heavy rainstorm I noticed the paint was pealing off on the rear passenger door. Is this common for 3rd generation Tacoma’s? I bought it used with 17K miles on it a year ago, one owner and had CarFax etc reports came back clean. Or does any1 suspect this was not original paint? IMG_0179.jpg

where is the Scott Wyman "damn that sucks" button when you need it? sorry about your paint. i think i read that toyota was having paint issues with certain year of vehicle in a few models, not just the tacomas. if i can find that article i'll post link. unless any of these fine fellas on this forum can provide info?

where is the Scott Wyman "damn that sucks" button when you need it? sorry about your paint. i think i read that toyota was having paint issues with certain year of vehicle in a few models, not just the tacomas. if i can find that article i'll post link. unless any of these fine fellas on this forum can provide info?

I appreciate the help. Still a good truck but would like to fix it before it gets worse and hope it’s not on my dime lol

I appreciate the help. Still a good truck but would like to fix it before it gets worse and hope it’s not on my dime lol
so it looks like it might be a common issue, unfortunately. if you havent already located, there is a gentleman on this forum who seems to have the same issue on his truck. also you might be able to contact helitaco directly. looks like he could be having some challenges with the warranty. good luck and let us know how this turns out. :) hopefully its limited to this one area.Screenshot_2020-03-16-21-38-30-1.jpeg

Just an update. I just called Toyota and my truck was approved on a recall for paint. They were surprisingly nice about it and my truck will be 100% inspected. Only thing that sucks is that they might only paint areas that are approved in my opinion. I just hope the new paint matches the existing.

i hope they make it right for you. it doesnt hurt to be assertive with how you want it fixed. :)

Had inspection today. Toyota dealership approved it but still has to be approved by corporate. Also, once approved they are only painting the two rear doors because those are the only areas affected. As a 3rd gen owner do u think that’s fair? My question to them was, is the new paint going to match existing paint. I think Toyota is slowly losing its good name for building solid vehicle’s. I’m not to happy. $40K truck and paint peeling like a fking Ford.

Back