1999 4wd 2.7 liter part out help

OneArmGuy

So I totaled my taco and wanted to get an idea if it is worth buying it back from insurance to part out
I rear ended someone and my tacoma got damage to the front bumper frame and core supports the truck still runs but the radiator is jacked insurance will sell it back to me for 1,200 and it would take 9,000 to fix the damage so I'm considering parting it out but am curious what a truck part out will usually go for any ideas y'all have on pricing and such would be appreciated

Having worked in the salvage industry I can tell you that there's only a handful of "valuable" parts on 99% of most vehicles. Tacos included. With that said... if you have plenty of patience, and are willing to deal with the people! You could make the $1200+ back, just usually doesn't happen overnight unless you got somebody lined up. You could also turn it into a crawler/toy/beater or whatever. I'm not sayin, just sayin...

Having worked in the salvage industry I can tell you that there's only a handful of "valuable" parts on 99% of most vehicles. Tacos included. With that said... if you have plenty of patience, and are willing to deal with the people! You could make the $1200+ back, just usually doesn't happen overnight unless you got somebody lined up. You could also turn it into a crawler/toy/beater or whatever. I'm not sayin, just sayin...

so for my transmission which I had rebuilt less than 10k ago what could i potentially sell that for?

So as a pup I was told in the land of salvage, take your bottom dollar and add 25% to it and never drop below your bottom $ and you'll always come out on top. As far as #'s go? I couldn't really say... , maybe offer the selling point that you don't require a core! That goes a long way believe me... and there's always that one idiot out there.

So I totaled my taco and wanted to get an idea if it is worth buying it back from insurance to part out
I rear ended someone and my tacoma got damage to the front bumper frame and core supports the truck still runs but the radiator is jacked insurance will sell it back to me for 1,200 and it would take 9,000 to fix the damage so I'm considering parting it out but am curious what a truck part out will usually go for any ideas y'all have on pricing and such would be appreciated
Dude...sorry to read about your accident. I was following your trip through the northwest a few months ago. Glad you weren't hurt.

Dude...sorry to read about your accident. I was following your trip through the northwest a few months ago. Glad you weren't hurt.

Thank you but yeah it was definitely a bummer to our honeymoon lol but we made it all the way up to Seattle at least and back down into Mt. Rainer, Multonomah falls, and back home safe and that's what was important [emoji1360]
I will still finish posting pictures from the trip though! The wife and I got to do quite a bit of dirt roads and exploring that I still want to share none the less

Last edited:
Back