1st Tacoma (2012 Double Cab TRD Sport Magnetic Grey)

Tacoma mike

Need some help / advice....looking to lift / level my new Tacoma to make it look a little more aggressive. I use my truck mainly for daily commuting and projects around the house, I rarely get off road but would like to be able to once in a while.

I am not looking to break the bank and want something that's not going to mess up all of the factory geometry and maintain a decent ride quality.

I have looked at many kits online (Readylift, Traxda, etc.) but don't know exactly what I need, there are many different opinions and you can find as many pros as you can cons about each type of lift.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated....I live in southern NH so if anyone knows of anyone reputable I would welcome that as well.

Mike

Bilstein 5100s. If you just want to level your truck then you can just get the front shocks, but if you want to lift it then you would have to get a rear lift block or add a leaf. You can check them out at downsouthmotorsports.com

Bilstein 5100s. If you just want to level your truck then you can just get the front shocks, but if you want to lift it then you would have to get a rear lift block or add a leaf. You can check them out at downsouthmotorsports.com

X2 but bilstein 5100's all around, use the add a leaf instead of the block. Taco's rear leafs are weak to begin with using the block would add stress to them.

Thanks for the reply, I know I am a little naive about this but would the front shocks alone level the truck? If so then how big can thee wheel tire combo be?

Yes, oh could just get the front shocks and level the truck, but if you wana do some real wheeling and fit 33s then I suggest getting the whole set up. I think it comes out to just under 400 bucks for all four shocks and the rear AAl.

Yeah 1.75 is level, as for the tires you can fit, I don't think you could fit 33s, I think you would still have to run stock size or maybe 32s not sure

Would 5100s all around and aal in the rear be enough for a nonTRD SR5 or would front springs need to be upgraded as well?

Any idea on parts and average install cost? Or is it something that could be done by someone mildly mechanically inclined?

I did it all my self. I'm only 16 but I know a lot for my age. Price for the shocks and AAl plus shipping was a total of just under 400 bucks. It's pretty simple to do. I would say the hardest part was the AAl. If you don't know how to do it you could look it up on YouTube

Well I got all four shocks plus the rear 2in AAl from wheelers, so it lifted the whole truck, I'm far from a professional but I have done a couple lifts on trucks so it took me about 4 hours if I remember right

You'll also have to re-align the front end after you replace the front shocks.

Back