2-3 inch lift kit

lovemytaco35

So I want to lift my Tacoma, but want to keep the factory ride as much as possible. Reading other posts on here, seems Old Man emu might be the way to go. Obviously I'll be upgrading to larger rims and tires...any suggestions for size on both once I lift my '15 Tacoma? And is there a quality option for a lift kit under $1300 in the Old Man emu? Any suggestions/opinions very much welcomed.

Last edited:
So I want to lift my Tacoma, but want to keep the factory ride as much as possible. Reading other posts on here, seems Old Man emu might be the way to go. Obviously I'll be upgrading to larger rims and tires...any suggestions for size on both once I lift my '15 Tacoma? And is there a quality option for a lift kit under $1300 in the Old Man emu? Any suggestions/opinions very much welcomed.

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/OME-TAK--OME-Tacoma-Suspension-lift-kit_p_231.html
this is a cheap OME complete kit.
You could do bilstein 5100 with coils and a new leaf pack for around the $1300, installed will be more.
Wheels and tires depends on what you're going to be doing. More off road 16" wheels with 285/75/16 tires.
If you want larger wheels like 17" or 18" for every inch you got up in wheel go down 5 on the tires height.
285/70/17
285/65/18
285/60/19 and so on.

OR17TRD...I went with your recommendation of the Bilstein 5100 suspension kit. If a professional shop does the install, do you have any idea the amount of time this kit takes to put it in? One shop says about 4-5 hrs, including alignment.

OR17TRD...I went with your recommendation of the Bilstein 5100 suspension kit. If a professional shop does the install, do you have any idea the amount of time this kit takes to put it in? One shop says about 4-5 hrs, including alignment.
That's about right. 3-5 hrs depending on skill level and how many people are working on it. They aren't to far off.
If you have a few options with shops I'd shop around see what some others say.

U went with just 5100s?

You can do spacersup front and blocks in the rear.... you'll keep your same ride but don't expect to off-road. Also, you probably will be putting stress on the truck....

My truck has the tow package, so it's capable of pulling the weight. Kingofthetacos had me concerned with his comment of adding stress to my truck installing the Bilstein 5100 lift kit. I haven't purchased any additional spacers or anything...not sure or certain I needed them because my truck will never leave the pavement.

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/OME-TAK--OME-Tacoma-Suspension-lift-kit_p_231.html
this is a cheap OME complete kit.
You could do bilstein 5100 with coils and a new leaf pack for around the $1300, installed will be more.
Wheels and tires depends on what you're going to be doing. More off road 16" wheels with 285/75/16 tires.
If you want larger wheels like 17" or 18" for every inch you got up in wheel go down 5 on the tires height.
285/70/17
285/65/18
285/60/19 and so on.
I think i am going with this kit. Ball joints are junk in truck so figure time for a new lift. So the only thing i would need to get is new control arms correct since my balls are junk?

I think i am going with this kit. Ball joints are junk in truck so figure time for a new lift. So the only thing i would need to get is new control arms correct since my balls are junk?
You could get new ones or just replace the ball joints. Depends on how much lift and what you want to do and how much you want to spend.

You can but it not easy and might not be that much more to replace the both. Like I said depends on how much lift and how much you want to spend and how handy you are.

I am a car salesman so ot will be done in my service bays. Having them put all new control arms on tommorro and ordering that ome 3 inch kit tommorro also

So i talked to my service manager. They did some research and can do just the ball joints without replacing the control arms. It only drops the price by basically the cost of the arms, labor basically stays the same. So to me it seems to make more sense to just do a full replace bc im going to be putting the new ome lift on in a few weeks and the original stock uca and lca's are whats on the truck now so i figure it makes more sense to have all nice new ones on. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Back