2.7 L opinion

Discussion in 'Toyota Pickup Forum' started by spyderfxst, Jul 26, 2016.

1. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

In general what?

I'm just asking you a question that you aren't answering now. No need to get hostile just because you can't back up your statement.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. taco John

taco John Well-Known Member

Is it that hard to explain lol. Less moving parts means less stuff to fix if things go wrong. Now stop trying to start up an argument. I have a v6 and I don't have any complaints but for those who have the 4cyls still have advantages.

4. whippersnapper02

Ok Mr. combustion engine engineer. Damn extra maintenance on your 185K mile V6. You would clearly be rich had you bought the 4 banger due to all the replacement parts needed to run a V6.

Food for thought: a rotary engine has fewer moving parts than a reciprocating engine yet it is very unreliable and burns a lot of oil. Hmmm...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    texastacoma likes this.
  5. taco John

Just stop.

6. whippersnapper02

Pffff. I should listen to you why?

7. OP
    spyderfxst

spyderfxst Active Member

I was taught that any inline engine is stronger because the pistons are less stress on the crank. And less wear and tear. The crankshafts are stronger then a "V" whether they be a 6,8,10 what ever

8. OP
    spyderfxst

spyderfxst Active Member

Let's not fight lets love our Tacos. I just wondered why they don't get respect

taco John likes this.
  9. rec2570

rec2570 Well-Known Member

Let's all agree any taco is better than no taco.

OCyota16' and taco John like this.
  10. rec2570

I respect your taco

11. taco John

I respect all tacos too, its just that smartass wanted to prove how big his dick was by randomly throwing facts in my face. I don't get why people just love to create pointless arguments. Lol

12. BigMau

BigMau Well-Known Member

I'm happy with my 2009 Tacoma 4x4. I have the 2.7 l 4 cyl... I tow a small bass boat and haul small loads. It's a fine little truck!! However, I really miss my 2002 Tundra with that 4.7 I- Force V-8. That truck would really move out!!

rec2570 likes this.
  13. rec2570

How much does your boat weigh?

14. rec2570

Let's get out the tape measures and we'll settle who the bigger dick is.

taco John and OCyota16' like this.
  15. BigMau

BigMau Well-Known Member

I have a 15 ft Starcraft Aluminum boat powered by a Nissan 9.8 hp outboard.... with gear etc... I'm thinking around 1300 lbs max. I just got back from a fishing trip (White Lake, Ontario Canada). 800 miles round trip!! Pulled and hauled boat/gear and got 23 mpgs!! The Tundra would get 18 mpgs (towing the same boat) just miss that I-force V-8.

rec2570 likes this.
  16. whippersnapper02

I just wanted an answer is all. Facts are facts. Don't lose sleep over it dear.

texastacoma likes this.
  17. OCyota16'

OCyota16' Member

The absolute only thing I dislike about my 2016 4 door i4 taco is the acceleration past 50mph or so. However traveling from Santa Ana, ca to Santa Clarita, ca my taco said I was averaging 32mpg going 70-75. That kicks ass any day if you ask me.

18. BigMau

BigMau Well-Known Member

Toyota trucks powered by 4,6 or 8 cylinders are all great!! I just wish Toyota would make a diesel in both the Tacoma and Tundra.

OR17TRD likes this.
  19. slowpoke

slowpoke Well-Known Member

Thats impressive mpg alright..... but i like passing safely

20. OCyota16'

OCyota16' Member

I should say that acceleration past 50 is not deathly slow IMO. Would it be nice to accelerate faster? Yes. But it does just fine. Unless you have a limited lane for passing like going up to Big Bear passing, for me, is good.

21. slowpoke

slowpoke Well-Known Member

Actually highway 46 and 41 out by shandon ca is very dangerous, 46 is the highway james dean died on to be honest. Theres alot of fatalities there. So, ill take my 350hp 20mpg tacoma over a 4cyl for safety sake.