2.7l engine help

2.7lsr5thomas

Hello everyone my first time ever being on here. Been kinda a crazy ride since you could say. My first engine project in my 1998 Toyota Tacoma 3rz engine. Well guess my question is what should I look out for I have about 1 more week with the head and block in the shop getting redone and I’m putting it all back together. What are some common mistakes people tend to forget or make? Just kinda nervous I know once everything is going good it will be fun just kinda stressed due to this was my dd! Thanks in advance everyone hope y’all are having a good day!

Attachments

• 276DC58A-1EE6-418F-990B-3715479A75F3.jpeg
    276DC58A-1EE6-418F-990B-3715479A75F3.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 31
Hello everyone my first time ever being on here. Been kinda a crazy ride since you could say. My first engine project in my 1998 Toyota Tacoma 3rz engine. Well guess my question is what should I look out for I have about 1 more week with the head and block in the shop getting redone and I’m putting it all back together. What are some common mistakes people tend to forget or make? Just kinda nervous I know once everything is going good it will be fun just kinda stressed due to this was my dd! Thanks in advance everyone hope y’all are having a good day!

Hopefully you have everything separated and labeled well, not just in a bucket. If so, nothing to it. Take your time, triple check everything. (And post pics!) Might even sit down and write a punch list on a dry erase board and hang it close to your truck. Definitely doesn’t hurt.

Hopefully you have everything separated and labeled well, not just in a bucket. If so, nothing to it. Take your time, triple check everything. (And post pics!) Might even sit down and write a punch list on a dry erase board and hang it close to your truck. Definitely doesn’t hurt.

Good advice ^^^
Welcome to the forum.
Just take your time and make sure everything is torqued to specs and done right. You’ll be fine.

Good advice ^^^
Welcome to the forum.
Just take your time and make sure everything is torqued to specs and done right. You’ll be fine.
That’s about everything I would have said... Put it back the way you took it apart and torque to specs. Take your time. I’m in a food haze right now so my brain isn’t thinking clearly.

That’s about everything I would have said... Put it back the way you took it apart and torque to specs. Take your time. I’m in a food haze right now so my brain isn’t thinking clearly.

I believe it with that mess of food you had.

Back