2.7l engine help

Discussion in '1995 - 2004 Toyota Tacoma' started by 2.7lsr5thomas, Apr 28, 2018.

1. 2.7lsr5thomas

2.7lsr5thomas New Member

Hello everyone my first time ever being on here. Been kinda a crazy ride since you could say. My first engine project in my 1998 Toyota Tacoma 3rz engine. Well guess my question is what should I look out for I have about 1 more week with the head and block in the shop getting redone and I’m putting it all back together. What are some common mistakes people tend to forget or make? Just kinda nervous I know once everything is going good it will be fun just kinda stressed due to this was my dd! Thanks in advance everyone hope y’all are having a good day!

Attached Files:

Crawdad likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Hopefully you have everything separated and labeled well, not just in a bucket. If so, nothing to it. Take your time, triple check everything. (And post pics!) Might even sit down and write a punch list on a dry erase board and hang it close to your truck. Definitely doesn’t hurt.

kp.taco, OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  4. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Good advice ^^^
    Welcome to the forum.
    Just take your time and make sure everything is torqued to specs and done right. You’ll be fine.

OR17TRD and Crawdad like this.
  5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

That’s about everything I would have said... Put it back the way you took it apart and torque to specs. Take your time. I’m in a food haze right now so my brain isn’t thinking clearly.

tonyndls and Bogunn like this.
  6. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I believe it with that mess of food you had.

OR17TRD likes this.
  7. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

So good

Crawdad and Bogunn like this.
  8. Crawdad

Reverse destruction

Bogunn likes this.
  9. Crawdad

Reverse destruction