2002 sr5 3.4 tacoma wont turn over.

Zernex

IMG_0334.jpgIMG_1529951825.502108.jpg

194,000 miles.
I left the truck in the hand of another person for a year. An the battery was taken out during this time. I returned tried starting the truck an the alarm started going off truck wont turn over but still cranks. I do smell gas under the intake after trying to start for a good 6 seconds. First time posting. Ive been searching for my factory alarm under the dash no luck.

Welcome to the forum. If it hadn’t been turned over in a year it’s likely the fuel pump/filter are gummed up.
The alarm I’m not sure about. I never saw a first gen with an actual audible alarm. Is it aftermarket?

Sorry guys forgot my phone at home yesterday. Im going to buy a multimeter today to test if im getting power to the sparks. The battery is only a couple years old. Still trying to locate an alarm brain ive checked underneath driver an passenger. Only have found the ecm another modules. I might just try to take my driver side door apart an fixe the key hole. Wont let me turn to the left an barely to the right in order to put in a EKA if it is factory alarm.

Yes it is cranking i have placed the battery on a duralast 10 amp charger not sure how efficient that is. I turned my headlights on high an tried starting an they do dim slightly but the crank maintains

It wont be till tommorrow again i can notify all of you on the developement. I’ll look into replacing the pump & filter to help rule out as many variables as we can. Thank you guys i appreciate your time.

Sounds like a bad battery

Yeah.... I’d probably start with a new battery like @OR17TRD said. Start simple first. You can take the old one in and wipe out the core charge fee. It’ll probably need a new one anyway (especially once it turns cold outside) since it’s sat for that long.
Routine maintenance like plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter wouldn’t be bad (or expensive either). And after sitting it’ll need done eventually just for a routine tune up.

It wont be till tommorrow again i can notify all of you on the developement. I’ll look into replacing the pump & filter to help rule out as many variables as we can. Thank you guys i appreciate your time.

If it were me, before removing the fuel pump I’d:
1. make sure the fuel pump cutoff isn’t tripped by some off chance.
2. check all your fuses to make sure they’re good and the pump is getting power.
3. check fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gauge to make sure it’s delivering fuel. (If you don’t have a gauge you can get one at any parts store and maybe even have one loaned from a store or friend).
Just my 2 cents.

Ever since they started putting ethanol in the gas, It has reeked havoc on gas engines,... the pump may not actually be bad but there's a good chance that it is gummed up/ plugged with ethanol corrosion. If something sits for a few months without running around the block, it's a nightmare. Best wishes to you and your family. Lol

Ever since they started putting ethanol in the gas, It has reeked havoc on gas engines,... the pump may not actually be bad but there's a good chance that it is gummed up/ plugged with ethanol corrosion. If something sits for a few months without running around the block, it's a nightmare. Best wishes to you and your family. Lol

Yeah. I’ve seen them varnish and lock up pretty quick after sitting.

Back