2003 4wd access cab tacoma looking for tires

kevinvegas

Presently I have 265 70 16's....I looked around on this forum and couldnt quite figure out if I just try 265 75 16's and hope they dont rub? If a dealer would be able to tell me if there is an issue, or if I should go to a tire shop and ask their opinion(and if they rubbed, maybe get to return them?).
The 265 75 16's are like 75 dollars less per tire....
Maybe a bit less MPG?
For me buying tires is like going to the cereal section in the grocery store. Too many options. Too many reviews. I seriously get a headache.
I have wranglers on the Tacoma now, looking at BFG t/a k02's.
I cringe a little at the cost, i will admit. I do mild to light medium off roading. Not ever going to crawl with this truck unless I take a wrong turn.
I was looking on the four wheel drive website today. They have a store in Vegas.
And other suggestions for tires that are good?
Also, how in the heck can toyota claim that you never have to replace the fuel filter! I stil cant believe it. I ask the mechanic every time I bring it into the shop.
Hope you are all well
Thank you,
Kevin

Presently I have 265 70 16's....I looked around on this forum and couldnt quite figure out if I just try 265 75 16's and hope they dont rub? If a dealer would be able to tell me if there is an issue, or if I should go to a tire shop and ask their opinion(and if they rubbed, maybe get to return them?).
The 265 75 16's are like 75 dollars less per tire....
Maybe a bit less MPG?
For me buying tires is like going to the cereal section in the grocery store. Too many options. Too many reviews. I seriously get a headache.
I have wranglers on the Tacoma now, looking at BFG t/a k02's.
I cringe a little at the cost, i will admit. I do mild to light medium off roading. Not ever going to crawl with this truck unless I take a wrong turn.
I was looking on the four wheel drive website today. They have a store in Vegas.
And other suggestions for tires that are good?
Also, how in the heck can toyota claim that you never have to replace the fuel filter! I stil cant believe it. I ask the mechanic every time I bring it into the shop.
Hope you are all well
Thank you,
Kevin

Welcome.
You’ll be fine with the 75’s.

I had a set of the bf Goodrich all terrain ko2s on my 1st gen and they were a great tire. No road noise and I never had an issue with them and there was absolutely no road noise at all. All I ever did was rotate them every 6k and they were great. Find a good tire shop to talk to one that has been around for a while. And if they have tacos in the parking lot that a plus

Back