2003 toyota tacoma frame

Hello guys! I currently own a 2003 toyota tacoma single cab with a 2.4l engine and a manual transmission, truck has 76,776 original miles! The bumper is bent and the bed has a dent that can be easily pulled out! All in all truck is great! I was recently informed of this recall toyota had/has of the frame rotting out really bad on states where salt is used on the roads, and therefore toyota was replacing frames! I took my truck to toyota today and they took my truck in for an inspection, but that the recall it has is for the spare tire carrier rotting out. Some places ive read that there is a 15 year margin for toyota to do this, others say it doesnt matter and its a safety hazzard and toyota should replace the frame no matter what. But i have no idea. Can anyone inform me of the issue or has a clear answer for me?20171111_130515.jpg

Hello guys! I currently own a 2003 toyota tacoma single cab with a 2.4l engine and a manual transmission, truck has 76,776 original miles! The bumper is bent and the bed has a dent that can be easily pulled out! All in all truck is great! I was recently informed of this recall toyota had/has of the frame rotting out really bad on states where salt is used on the roads, and therefore toyota was replacing frames! I took my truck to toyota today and they took my truck in for an inspection, but that the recall it has is for the spare tire carrier rotting out. Some places ive read that there is a 15 year margin for toyota to do this, others say it doesnt matter and its a safety hazzard and toyota should replace the frame no matter what. But i have no idea. Can anyone inform me of the issue or has a clear answer for me?View attachment 13767
Its a case by case they aren’t just replacing all frames on all trucks in that 15 year margin no matter what.

Reactions: 4wd
Even cheaper would have been to just fix it or buy it back without Lawyers involved. But that would be to easy.

I know a local TW guy that did the Ca. Lemon Law & won, his issue on a 2012 TRD 4x was with the clutch/trans with multiple visits to dealer to make it right, all unsuccessful . He had to get an attorney just to keep Toyota Corp. from sweeping him under the rug & to keep corresponding, this is a sad statement about Toyota's customer satisfaction relations, & even sadder is Toyota used to be the leaders in recall efforts, meaning the Toyota of old (when toyota was still an import/import company) would quickly do all they could to rectify all recalls, you didn't have to threaten them at gun point like the other main auto manu. It seems as soon as Toyota's were being made here (along with main support offices here) that they have really thrown the brakes on fixing defects, constant denial & foot dragging...

Back