2003 xtracab 2wd advice

fangoria

Hello,
I'm going to look at a 03 xtracab 2wd 4cyl SR5. Truck has 229,000 miles, has new brakes. Won't know condition until I look at it. Body looks good it pics but they always do. Just want to know what I need to look for in known problems on these trucks. I do bodywork for a living but know not a whole lot about the mechanical end of it. Should I bring it to a shop and have it checked out, I work at a GM dealership. They are asking $4200 which seems low for this vehicle. I really don't want this many miles but its in my price range. My parents have a 4Runner with over 250,000(bigger motor though) so I know it's may still have good life to it. Thanks for any advice and shout out if more info is needed.
Thanks,

fangoria

If they'll agree to it sure take it in & check it out, just be objective (let the outcome of facts speak for themselves) I don't know of any real trouble areas motor wise just check some common sense things like, all fluids for capacity/condition/color/smell, look underneath for leaks, suspension sag/tires & wear, etc; :)

Back