2005-2011 access cab owners

Not yet. But then again it wouldn't come to my house, it would go to my ex's. I'll be going there today so we'll see.

Frago just got mine this afternoon. They said they aren't to sure how to fix it yet. So does that mean free brand new truck?

I didn't get mine yet. But I'm not to worried about it either. The driver side bolt already came out and I just put it back in and tightened it down using thin vise grips since I couldn't get the cap off it to get to the bolt head. Still tight so if it starts to come undone again I'll print what's on the Toyota site at http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pages/home under my truck which says it's up for recall on this issue and take it in. Unless of course I get the letter before that happens.

any body receive their safety recall notice in the mail from Toyota...i did yesterday :shifty:

Picked up mine today at the ex-wifes house. Came in the mail yesterday.
shappy_wave_100-100.gif

You are lucky she gave it to you. Haha.

No luck needed, I get along just fine with her. I still have the house keys and one of the garage door openers. Been divorced about 4 years now. We've always been good friends. That will never change.

It's the 1st ex-wife that I don't get along with. This ones my 2nd.

How annoying, noticed my belt was coming loose again so this time a little more permanent fix. Loctite blue, teflon tape, 14mm socket, torque wrench & torque that puppy down to 100 lbs. Took 5 mins to do. If it comes loose again I'll take it in and say your turn Toyota. I do have the recall letter.

Attachments

• S1050443.jpg
    S1050443.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 16
  • S1050445.jpg
    S1050445.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 16
  • S1050446.jpg
    S1050446.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 16
  • S1050448.jpg
    S1050448.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 16
  • S1050450.jpg
    S1050450.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 16
Because blue was all I had onhand. Didn't feel like driving somewhere just to get red.

I smothered the bolt with blue, screwed it in, then back out, wrapped it with teflon tape, added more blue and then torqued it down to 100 ft lbs so it should stay tight.

Last edited:
:laughing:

I won't have a problem, Toyota will have a problem since it is their recall issue. Since the letter says any repair done by the owner that doesn't hold will be reimbursed if not done at Toyota, I wonder what I will get back if it fails again.

I used a little blue & a couple of wraps of teflon. Maybe .20¢ worth of product I had bought earlier this year and about 5 mins of my time. Wonder what the going rate is for 5 mins of one's time. :shifty:

Back