2005 head gasket

wbfischer

Head gasket has finally gone on it I knew it was gonna happen but I own the truck so the question is with 216000 miles do I go for new head gaskets which that job is gonna cost a bit I'm sure amd cross my fingers that nothing else is wrong internally, or do I buy a refurb engine with warranty for for around $3000-$3800 swap it in and go about my business? Idk which years will just swap into my truck plug and play though. Any help would be appreciated.

Shouldn’t be that much to have the motor gone through and even cam up a bit.
Never been a fan of refurbs because specs can change from year to year and you just don’t know what shape it was in to start with. I don’t even like to think about emissions.

IMHO

Shouldn’t be that much to have the motor gone through and even cam up a bit.
Never been a fan of refurbs because specs can change from year to year and you just don’t know what shape it was in to start with. I don’t even like to think about emissions.

IMHO
I hear ya. I really just want to get 1 or 2 more years out the truck if I need to get a new one then so be it. From a little reading dealers gonna want a couple thousand to do head gaskets

Apparently you can get an additive for your coolant and that will help reseal the leak. I think it's only good for so many mile though.

Apparently you can get an additive for your coolant and that will help reseal the leak. I think it's only good for so many mile though.

Yikes I’ve never been a believer in a mechanic in a can. I would do a lot of research before I pour the can sealants in my motor. Just my opinion.

Back