2006 Tacoma Thermostat by pass hose replace

Brianc03

I completed my thermostat bypass hose replace. Pulled the intake , replaced the gasket and new metal replacement hose got everything hooked back up. No leaks and the engine was running perfect. Drove it for about 20 minutes and the temp gauge was reading normal. I stopped for gas and noticed the engine was idling rough. Started it back up to drive home and it was a hard start and still idle was rough and misfiring. Made it home stopped the engine and checked all the hoses and electrical hook ups. Now the engine won’t start at all it just turns over and over but won’t start. Checked the codes and it’s giving me a p2433. Secondary Air Injection System. Anyone else have the same issues or ideas what might be going on?

I completed my thermostat bypass hose replace. Pulled the intake , replaced the gasket and new metal replacement hose got everything hooked back up. No leaks and the engine was running perfect. Drove it for about 20 minutes and the temp gauge was reading normal. I stopped for gas and noticed the engine was idling rough. Started it back up to drive home and it was a hard start and still idle was rough and misfiring. Made it home stopped the engine and checked all the hoses and electrical hook ups. Now the engine won’t start at all it just turns over and over but won’t start. Checked the codes and it’s giving me a p2433. Secondary Air Injection System. Anyone else have the same issues or ideas what might be going on?
To help others diagnose....

4 cylinder i presume?
That year v6 didn't have that pump.

I'd invest in a scangauge 2, or an ultragauge. Since "normal" means little in the field of a temperature gauge as vague as most vehicles are equipped.

The 2012+ v6 is known to have these stupid issues with the air pumps.

Look AGAIN for a loose/broken/split vac hose

Last edited:
Back