2007, 4.0 L, Manual, 4X4, clutch.

crowgsxr

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and I need some advice. I have a 2007, 4.0 liter, V6, 4X4 Taco. It only has about 56,000 miles. The clutch pedal started not returning after depressing it, and now the gears are not going in as smooth. I have not felt any slipping when it is in gear. Is it too soon with the low miles to be needing a new clutch? I wish I was as mechanically savvy as most of y'all. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Crow

Last edited:
Hello All,

I am new to the forum and I need some advice. I have a 2007, 4.0 liter, V6, 4X4 Taco. It only has about 56,000 miles. The clutch pedal started not returning after depressing it, and now the gears are not going in as smooth. I have not felt any slipping when it is in gear. Is it too soon with the low miles to be needing a new clutch? I wish I was as mechanically savvy as most of y'all. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Crow

Welcome to the forum & like Whip said , sounds like the slave is going out, you can also try to confirm this by looking for any fresh "misting" of fluid around the location of master/slave cylinders...

Welcome to the forum & like Whip said , sounds like the slave is going out, you can also try to confirm this by looking for any fresh "misting" of fluid around the location of master/slave cylinders...
I'll check it out. Thank you.

Hello All,

Thank you,
Crow
Welcome to the forum. Keep us in the loop on what it was and how you fixed it. That’s really low miles.
Let’s see some pictures of this taco.

Brand is Tiregate. I had to reinforce the bed of the truck, had to get some welds done after a while because the weight of the tire caused some stress fractures.

Back