2007 Tacoma

Misty

Hi,
My husband has a 2007 tacoma. It has started making a loud roaring noise while driving and it gets worse with acceleration. If I takever my foot off the gas it immediately goes awat no matter the speed. Any idea of what it could be?

Thanks,

Misty

Just replaced my fan clutch on my 09 Tacoma this summer. I had the opposite problem and noticed the AC did not work well at idle.

No.. universal joints look fine and I grease them up every oil change. I'm kinda thinking the fan clutch took out my AC compressor?? Currently, everything is working well on my 09 Tacoma. It's winter time up here in NE Pennsylvania and the defroster is working much better!! I'm kinda thinking the problem with the fan clutch and AC compressor developed over a long period of time??? Currently, I have 182,000 miles on my truck...

Good to know you got er all fixed up i know how much winter can suck when things aren't working right i live in canada and spent a winter with no heat in my ride wasnt fun

Good to know you got er all fixed up i know how much winter can suck when things aren't working right i live in canada and spent a winter with no heat in my ride wasnt fun
Yes.... I tow a 1500 lb bass boat up to White Lake, Ontario... just west of Ottawa!! Hard winters with awesome summers and EXCELLENT bass and walleye fishing!!

Just replaced my fan clutch on my 09 Tacoma this summer. I had the opposite problem and noticed the AC did not work well at idle.
Found this out driving in downtown Philadelphia in 95 degree summer heat. AC hardly worked in "stop and go" traffic.... then would get much colder on the freeway and or driving over 35 mph.

Back