2008 Four-Wheel Drive Won't Engage

I have the opposite problem. 2007 TRD off-road . 4low does not want to disengage. I’ve tried every trick i know as well as step by step through the manual, as this is the first 4x4 I’ve ever had that was on a switch. It just flashes and has a terrible alarm beep or whatever sound that is, but doesn’t actually come out. I’m not sure after it finally comes out what “fixed” it. Seems turning the truck off and sitting for an hour +, while cussing and talking **** to it has been the most reliable. I’ve just avoided it now for like mmmm 3 years. I currently have probably 6 inches of snow at my house and while I’m sure 4hi will suffice, I would like to have the option I paid for. (Been like this since I bought from Toyota) and no. They will not even diagnose for under $350. Just gave them over 1k after goin in for “free recall inspection”

We've been getting some snow lately and when I went to turn the switch from H2 to H4 to go into 4 wheel drive, the four wheel drive icon on the dash just blinks. It will not go into 4-wheel drive.

What's broke? Is there now a lost connection between the on switch and engagement of the front axle?

Thanks for any help offered.

Had this on my 2006. Replaced the ADD which is the actuator in front differential. On a lift it is OK job with one bolt hard to get to.
You will end up needing to refill the front dif so make sure you can
open the fill and drain plugs before starting the job. New ADD, shifts into 4WD right away.

Back