2009 2.7 better clutch

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by Mag liter, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Mag liter

Mag liter Member

I have been having very weird symptoms with my clutch, it does not feel right at all sometimes i will go to release it and it slips quite a bit then catches other times its moderately fine; it chatters quite a bit while slipping it. Clutch pedal has free play, im at 106k and i have not been happy with the clutch since i got it at 84k. I am looking to get a lce clutch or whatever else would work better than stock

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like it’s time to replace the clutch, pressure plate, and throw out bearing.

4. OP
    Mag liter

Mag liter Member

Im torn between an lce pro or dual comp clutch kit, i have not looked at urd or the center force yet

5. OP
    Mag liter

Mag liter Member

I ended up ordering an exedy/ daikin clutch kit, it also fits a 1993-4 t100 v6. By my thinking it will be a stronger clutch as the t100 had roughly 30 more horse power and could tow more. I will update the thread after i install it

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Thanks.

7. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Cool. Let us know how it goes.

8. OP
    Mag liter

Mag liter Member

Install is on hold untill i figure out what toyota wants to do with my frame; if they replace it i will have the clutch put in then. But untill i figure out what they will do for me the install will have to wait

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  9. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

No need to replace it if they won’t do that.