2010 Tacoma Brakes chirpin

Jcv2112

So after being stuck in traffic leaving Santa Cruz driving over Hwy 17 my brakes or something was chirpin. The chirpin stops when I hit the brakes. Anyone got any advice for me?

I actually have only had the truck for a month so haven't checked them yet. So would you say it's coming from the read or front brakes? To me it sounds like the rear just wondering if I'm wrong.

Lightly step on the parking brake if while rolling and you hear the noise. If it changes or goes away then it is the rear. Do this at your own risk away from traffic.

When I owned my PreRunner one day it chirped when turning slightly to the left at speed, so I took it in and it was the rear brakes.

I just picked up my first tacoma and while drivinv it home I noticed a noise that sounded like my brakes were making a high pitched noise. It goes away e
While turning but it's really annoying. It had gotten a little louder as I drove. When I press the brakes it doesn't seem to go away. Any help would be appreciated.

I just picked up my first tacoma and while drivinv it home I noticed a noise that sounded like my brakes were making a high pitched noise. It goes away e
While turning but it's really annoying. It had gotten a little louder as I drove. When I press the brakes it doesn't seem to go away. Any help would be appreciated.

If you know what to look for check your brakes, if not some shops will do a free brake inspection or it could run up to $40 for an inspection. Call & shop around. If not the brakes could be wheel bearings.
About 2 yrs ago Firestone inspected mine for free on my PreRunner. Showed me the problem and I had them fix it to get it under their brake warranty and I was being lazy and didn't want to do a rear brake job.

Back in the day I would get a lifetime brake warranty. Had one on my Hi-Lux at Firestone. Never paid again, cost a little more to get. Made my money back after 2nd brake job done, had the brakes replaced on it 5 times. If you plan on keeping lifetime warranty parts are the way to go. Just cost a little more, pays off in the long run.

I had brake noise when I first bought my Tacoma, not bad but somewhat irritating.

I switched to Akebono and it all went away, not to mention the brakes were a LOT better.

Back