2011 help with these codes

Saggy

I need help figuring out these codes

Attachments

• 2F5B9B62-7C26-492B-8B0F-2BC72C5B5DD4.png
    2F5B9B62-7C26-492B-8B0F-2BC72C5B5DD4.png
    634 KB · Views: 4
You haven't really listed your symptoms such as which dash lights are illuminated. Do the free stuff 1st. I would start by looking for any signs of water intrusion around the fuse boxes and under the dash (surface rust or corrosion on sheet metal or screws). Check the abs connections under the hood. Then, by turning ignition "on" and using a test light, check power at every fuse inside the cabin and under the hood. Those will eliminate a fuse or fuse box issue. Pull the driver side kick panel and look at the wiring for any signs of water intrusion, splicing or rewiring. The next step is easy to access but could be costly to replace bad parts. I would remove the airbag, disconnect battery for 1 hour 1st, and find a way to test the clock spring and steering angle sensor. A bad steering angle sensor can cause quite a few odd codes. The problem is that the sensor is expensive. I am not sure exactly how to do testing however that would be wiser than throwing new expensive parts in your truck. The clock spring and steering sensor are installed as one piece. They can be separated easily and are sold separately. If it was my truck I would look for a used assembly out of a wrecked/salvaged truck with no front end damage (i.e. hit in the rear). The donor truck needs to have the same options as yours. Cruise/no cruise, steering wheel controls/no steering wheel controls, V6/I4 engine, etc. The only other area remaining is the ecu itself which can also be found online by ecu programmer/sellers. Good luck. I don't envy your situation.

I suggest you google search clock spring and trac off condition. The clock spring has a ribbon cable inside with very fine wires similar to a pc ribbon. If you have a lot of miles, 150k or more, I would suspect the clock spring but don't buy anything based solely on my thoughts. My sons 2012 just started acting up (cruise quit) and I am pretty sure that is a clock spring ($90) issue (has 155k miles). Also look in tacomaworld.com where there is more info than this forum. Like I stated earlier the steering angle sensor ($200) can put out some of the codes you are experiencing. Both of those items are expensive and hopefully someone can better diagnose yours. The ABS codes are prob something else. I would want someone with an ABS specific code reader to scan that. Sometimes the ABS codes are merely wheel sensor related.

One of those is low battery voltage. I would start with that. Have the battery tested, replace if appropriate, clear the codes, and see if it comes back.

Back