2011 taco with camper

Toyco

Hi forum people!

I am a happy new owner of a 2011 and got a camper to go along with it. I am a newb to owning a camper, this is my 4th Toyota. I have had a 83 Celica gt, 89 pickup , and still have a 93 pickup (for sale). I just got a 2011 Tacoma access cab and plan to use it mainly for camping.

I am certain to have hundreds of questions like should I use airbag or add a leaf and how come the frame mount t2303 has almost no install videos. Maybe have to check RV forums..

Also has anyone replaced their rear view mirror with a screen and better/different camera? How about a half rear view/half navigation for there? I will be getting more into this.

Thanks
Toyco

Welcome to the forum the only one of your questions i have an answer to is the rear suspension, id do both add a leaf for the extra wieght and airbags to smoothen the ride over bunps and what not, is it like an in the bed camper?

Hi forum people!

I am a happy new owner of a 2011 and got a camper to go along with it. I am a newb to owning a camper, this is my 4th Toyota. I have had a 83 Celica gt, 89 pickup , and still have a 93 pickup (for sale). I just got a 2011 Tacoma access cab and plan to use it mainly for camping.

I am certain to have hundreds of questions like should I use airbag or add a leaf and how come the frame mount t2303 has almost no install videos. Maybe have to check RV forums..

Also has anyone replaced their rear view mirror with a screen and better/different camera? How about a half rear view/half navigation for there? I will be getting more into this.

Thanks
Toyco

You can go aftermarket head unit to get a bigger screen for your back up camera and a nav unit all in one. Not sure on price. But I do know you can spend a lot. Depends what you want. Best buy or crutchfield is you best bet. They will have what you need and what not. Good luck.

Cool I'll check out Crutchfield. Seems like the backup switch mod is going to be fun to implement. I was thinking about hanging a 7" screen over the rear view mirror since I have a camper and would just connect my phone to the screen and hopefully the existing backup camera is just video so connecting that and switching between HDMI and video would switch between backup camera and phone screen. I was thinking it would be neat to just have my phone as the only computer on board. Anyhow there is plenty of learning to do. I will google first...

toyco

Back