2011 Tacoma Mud Flaps

Hello All,
I am new to Tacomas. Watched my friends and heard the raves reviews. I was wondering, has anyone taken the mud flaps off theirs? Seems to be low clearance. Are they difficult to remove and reattach? Thanks!

The push clips are two pieces. Take out the center then the clip. I have had the husky flaps on my last two trucks. Take alook at them. You can sell your OEM ones on eBay and get the huskys and make a little money too. They are shorter and don't hit everything.

I thought mud flaps were put on for a purpose !?? :yawn:....why would u want to take them off for :huh:

Lol I agree, but the front flaps on my 2011 are huge and I'm probably going to take them off too and replace with a set of husky flaps. Im keeping the rears on to protect my exhaust tips from too much debris.

Hello All,
I am new to Tacomas. Watched my friends and heard the raves reviews. I was wondering, has anyone taken the mud flaps off theirs? Seems to be low clearance. Are they difficult to remove and reattach? Thanks!

I took mine off and clearance is better and makes truck appearance better too. Be careful with push clips cause I broke a few of mine. Easy removal though.

The clips are dirt cheap at the dealer, I had to replace 5 that were missing on mine. PN 90467-07188 $1.18 ea.

lol that's why im leaving mine on :laughing: :thumbsup:

Yeah, not sure why I had 5 missing 2 on each rear and 1 front driver. It was like that when I bought it so got tired of looking at the empty holes so got what I needed. :blink:

One thing this new guy notice as I looked for Tacos on the road while contemplating the purchase was that the front flaps need to be made out of more rigid plastic. While on the road, the wind makes them flop around.

All of the OEM mud flaps need to come off of the truck before it comes off of the lot. They will take the paint off of the fender flare. Another reason I like the husky flaps. They do not have the sharp edge like the stock ones.

Yes, these gen2 mudflaps are something else
Hard material with dumb clips and screw combo
Clips break after awhile
And the whitish paint on the 4x4 lettering does not wear well after a decade into

Back