2012 4.0 starting problem

swelch669

I know I've seen this posted on here or tw but I can't find it. It's actually my mom's truck having this issue where occasionally its not wanting to start. I didn't believe her til yesterday when it did it to me. I'm not sure where to go with this cause I haven't had any problems with my 2010. But it cranks and cranks like it's just not getting fuel or spark. Push the gas pedal in 1/4 of the way and it fires right up but smells like it's flooded. Not sure if maybe a leaky injector could cause excessive pressure in the cylinder and the starter may not be strong enough to turn it over or what the deal is. Any ideas or thoughts. She's wanting to trade it back in for another heep and I'm tryin to talk her out of it cause it's a trx pro with less than 10k miles on it.

If you have warranty I would take it in. I have had some slight starting issues after driving for a while on a hot day kinda like a vapor lock issue. I just turn the key on and let the fuel pump cycle before trying to crank the engine. It seems to help.

Ya it hasn't been hot here at all. Lol. She's about 180 miles from the dealership but that's probably the best thing I suppose. Just don't want her buying another heep. Lol.

Use a bottle of AMSOIL P.I. Fuel treatment and a full tank of name brand 93 octane gas,shell,chevron,sunoco,mobil,texaco,B.P. and you can get AMSOIL P.I. FUEL TREATMENT at www.AMSOIL.com/?ZO=5269135
Get it Now and it works in about a short half hour ride or so!!! Engine needs to get warm and run a while !!!! Rambo. Click on that link in blue to order now or soon!!!IT WORKS,Ive used it !!!In all my trucks and cars!

Use a bottle of AMSOIL P.I. Fuel treatment and a full tank of name brand 93 octane gas,shell,chevron,sunoco,mobil,texaco,B.P. and you can get AMSOIL P.I. FUEL TREATMENT at www.AMSOIL.com/?ZO=5269135
Get it Now and it works in about a short half hour ride or so!!! Engine needs to get warm and run a while !!!! Rambo. Click on that link in blue to order now or soon!!!IT WORKS,Ive used it !!!In all my trucks and cars!

this product?

1712084474496.png

Back