2013-15 Off Sport Huh?

uncleEddie

New member a week ago and been doing a lot of reading here. Forgive me if I don't post comments and questions in the right places. Online forums and computers in general not my usual forte. Seems there are a few people here who have their areas of particular expertise, whose brains I'd like to pick. I've found quite a few answers and surprises in reading threads, but still have a few more.
First off, I have two 2nd Gen Tacomas, a 2013 TRD Sport and 2015 TRD off Road, both access cab V6 4x4's with automatics, even the same color. I'd like to try to combine what I like about each into one, that one being the '15 OR. I think the Sport is a sharper looking truck and plan to swap body color parts including the hood to the OR. First question to those who know - are these trucks plug and play wired enough that I can use the Sport side mirrors with turn indicators on the OR? How about the Sport's inside mirror with all it's features? Might I then get camera images on both touchscreen AND mirror? And speaking of touchscreen, the unit in the '15 won't let me do a few operations like change radio presets, weather locales or navigation. It does work well enough as a radio, paired with my phone ok, and shows weather for the previous owners city when it can find an HD signal. I read one thread where a software update was done by a dealer, is that a first step? Thanks one and all!

New member a week ago and been doing a lot of reading here. Forgive me if I don't post comments and questions in the right places. Online forums and computers in general not my usual forte. Seems there are a few people here who have their areas of particular expertise, whose brains I'd like to pick. I've found quite a few answers and surprises in reading threads, but still have a few more.
First off, I have two 2nd Gen Tacomas, a 2013 TRD Sport and 2015 TRD off Road, both access cab V6 4x4's with automatics, even the same color. I'd like to try to combine what I like about each into one, that one being the '15 OR. I think the Sport is a sharper looking truck and plan to swap body color parts including the hood to the OR. First question to those who know - are these trucks plug and play wired enough that I can use the Sport side mirrors with turn indicators on the OR? How about the Sport's inside mirror with all it's features? Might I then get camera images on both touchscreen AND mirror? And speaking of touchscreen, the unit in the '15 won't let me do a few operations like change radio presets, weather locales or navigation. It does work well enough as a radio, paired with my phone ok, and shows weather for the previous owners city when it can find an HD signal. I read one thread where a software update was done by a dealer, is that a first step? Thanks one and all!
Welcome to the circus!
Don't think I can help at all on these matters but...
Try and if fail, put it back...[emoji23]
Best of luck!

Thanking you. Wasn't actually going to take the inside mirror, but buy another. Wouldn't want to leave the Sport without a backup viewer. Without taking a poll, whaddya think - will the Sport still be a Sport without half it's Sporty-ness?

Thanks, B-Man! Not your areas either, I assume. Should I be posting elsewhere to catch the eyes of the right guys/girls?

Thanks, B-Man! Not your areas either, I assume. Should I be posting elsewhere to catch the eyes of the right guys/girls?
Yep....Sorry......wiring is not one of my specialties! Folks will be around! Someone here has the knowledge you seek!

Back