2013 base 2wd. Tire/wheel size help!

Jeepthing126

Just joined. New taco owner.

I have a stock base model. 4cyl. With what looks like hand truck tires. I definitely don't want a lift but looking for the biggest tire possible for truck. 17"s/18"s. please throw some suggestions my way. Clueless.

I'd like a wider tire. Hight too. To fill wheel well up a bit. Will stock wheels and tires fit from a 4wd taco?

U guys know where I can find pics of anything like this?

Yup, those stock tires are an embarrassment. First thing I did was throw on some larger rubber.

From what I've gathered, the largest you can go sans modification is 235/75R15. If you're willing to cut some plastic, you can do the "Black Box Mod" and stuff some 30" tires in there. Anything larger and a lift is required.

I would at least go with 225/75/15 if you’re wanting a larger tire. 215/75/15 isn’t going to be any wider and only 0.8” taller.
The 225/75/15 are going to give you 1.4” of height and 0.4” of width.

What's the difference of the LT designation
I don’t know why you are so hung up on those letters haha they mean Light Truck-metric. They are designed to be used on vehicles that are capable of carrying stuff ie a truck or towing trailers and are usually a C, D or E rated tire. There is no difference in actual size. A LT225/75/15 is still a 225/75/15.

I just put these 235/75/15's on my 2014 2wd access cab. Man it looks so much better. What a difference. The ride is compromised a bit but then again it is a truck. These are Toyo Open Country All Terrain tires. After much research I went with these because of the reviews and the 65,000 mile tread warranty. After some hard bargaining it was $625 out the door with road hazard, lifetime alignment, rotating, and balancing at Tire Discounters.

Attachments

• tires2.jpg
    tires2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 41
  • tires1.jpg
    tires1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Just joined. New taco owner.

I have a stock base model. 4cyl. With what looks like hand truck tires. I definitely don't want a lift but looking for the biggest tire possible for truck. 17"s/18"s. please throw some suggestions my way. Clueless.

I'd like a wider tire. Hight too. To fill wheel well up a bit. Will stock wheels and tires fit from a 4wd taco?

U guys know where I can find pics of anything like this?
Just lift it 3 inches

I just put these 235/75/15's on my 2014 2wd access cab. Man it looks so much better. What a difference. The ride is compromised a bit but then again it is a truck. These are Toyo Open Country All Terrain tires. After much research I went with these because of the reviews and the 65,000 mile tread warranty. After some hard bargaining it was $625 out the door with road hazard, lifetime alignment, rotating, and balancing at Tire Discounters.
Nice. Not a bad deal. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum

Back