2013 tacoma rear diff mod

btp001

Just got my 2013 tacoma trd off road dcsb 4x4 and the first thing I had a problem with was the rear diff lock only working in 4lo..so I did some research online and found 2 different options.. There was one where you ground the wire that says the truck is in 4lo and put a switch between it but I couldn't get it to work. And there was the one with the relay that pretty much did the same thing but you just had to cut more wires. So i went to 3 different radioshacks and they were all going out of business so of course they were sold out of the relay I needed..but anyways I finally got it to to work and here's my final product. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1428525359.312664.jpg
I put male connectors with insulation all the way around on the wires I had to cut in case I had to hook back up stock for any reasonImageUploadedByTaco Forum1428525432.231069.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1428525449.936653.jpg
Anyways hope this is helpful. Any questions to where wires go on the RadioShack relay I had to order from Amazon just left me know
And I hope the way I uploaded the pics work I dunno this is my first post

Back