2013 tacoma transmission drive shaft noise.

2013tacojensoon

Noise happens when I'm coasting not in gear or when I'm going over bumps in neutral it also happens when I engage and disengage gears or also when I release my clutch pedal quickly.
IMG_0775.jpg

It looks like you go mudding and through water you could have got crud in the bell housing causing problems. Also going through deep water you can get moister into it and cause problems.

It could be either of the two issues previously posted.
Is it doing it all the time? Because it does look like it was in some pretty serious mud.

This was the trucks first time ever on dirt road but unfortunetly it's been doing it previously I drive it nice I baby it keep it in the garage mostly cause I drive my motorbike to work everyday

I took it to Toyota they said the noise is normal I showed them the video and they said it was normal for all Tacoma's to make that noise and I argued with them and I told them that they're not supposed to make that noise I've previously had the 2012 2010 and 2006 version of the Tacoma and none of them made that noise and they were all standards

Doesn't sound normal to me. I've had a gen one and gen two with the manual transmission and never recall hearing that because I'd have been getting it diagnosed too.

Back