2013 trd taco that wants bigger tires

skullztrucker

I just bought a 2013 trd double cab and I want to lift it a little to get bigger tires but I don't want to mess with to many components on the truck, such as the drive shaft. Is there a way to accomplish this

What I said was the biggest you can go stock. To fit 285s you need 3 inches of lift which might or might not need drivetrain mods. Some trucks need them and some don't. Also you would probably have to trim.

Last edited:
Leveling kits are usually spacers which are junk. 5100s are inexpensive if you want to level the front of the truck with the rear or lift the entire truck. You will need something to lift the rear because the shocks don't set ride height.

I read just adding a leaf reduces ride comfort because it stiffins the stock springs. I'm assuming that I keep most of the ride quality by swapping.

I read just adding a leaf reduces ride comfort because it stiffins the stock springs. I'm assuming that I keep most of the ride quality by swapping.

Depends on the leaf. I have the TSB aal on mine from Toyota and it hardly made a difference in stiffness. It added about 3/4" lift.

To level out the front I went with 5100's set at 1.75 with the factory coils. I was worried about ride quality myself but have been really happy. Ride is barely any stiffer. Actually like the handling better, less body roll, and feels tighter w/o riding rougher.

I've heard if you go to the highest setting on the 5100's it rides rough. Also depends on if you have off road or sport coils. Off road coils ride rougher than the sport as I hear.

I highly recommend the 5100's. Especially since you don't want to do major changes to the suspension.

Now I just have to figure what's the best tire in that size to get. Any suggestions? The truck will see more streets than dirt. But when we join those trail clubs, I'd like to have some traction. I'm use to mud tires, have 35 mud country on my ford but want something with a higher speed rating for the taco

Im in the same boat. I got a 2013 TRD OFFROAD double cab with XD wheels on it and 265/70R/16 tires. I was wondering if I could put 265/75R16 cooper STT on it without rubbing. I was thinking about putting a 2inch leveling kit on the front but im not forsure if it will void the warranty. I know a lift will void the warranty I have already asked the dealer.

275/65s fit at stock height.

Lifts do not void warranty. The person that told you otherwise is stupid. Don't use lift spacers.

Last edited:
Back