2014 Tacoma Double Cab Throttle Problems

Chuck766

I have a 2014 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab with the V6 and TRD Super Charger. A few Weeks ago, I had a dead battery from it sitting for a few weeks and it was about that time. I changed the battery out, no problem. I came back a few weeks later (I go out to sea for weeks on end) and it wouldn't start at all, I took the battery back to Oreileys for testing and it came up clear dead, but covered under warranty. I replaced the new battery and started it up and thats when the real problem started....

At first it started and stalled, then the second time it started but sounded like it was going to stall any second, I stepped on the gas and had no throttle response. My friend connected a code reader to the OBD II port and got various codes (P0121: Throttle Position sensor low or high voltage, P0123: Throttle Position sensor High voltage, P1604 Startabillity Malfunction, P2112 Throttle Actuator Control System stuck closed, and P2135 Throttle/Pedal position sensor/switch A'/B' Voltage correlation). So far the throttle body has been cleaned, as had the connection going to it. I cleaned and inspected the pedal/ connector as well. No evidence of corrosion. The new models have an integrated throttle position sensor in the throttle body and the replacement is over 1K as quoted by the dealer. Now currently, when it first starts if you give it gas it will rev high as normal but then quickly goes away and now it won't rev higher than 1500 (from a 1000 RPM idle).

Has anyone seen this before or have any recommendations for further trouble shooting, I don't want to start replacing parts on a hunch. Also like I said before I have the TRD Super charger installed (by Toyota). I do remember in the past having some hesitation/lag around 3500-4500 RPM but didn't think to much of it.

Thank you for your time!

Replaced throttle body with integrated throttle position sensor, problem solved. Got parts from discounted site online for 725 vice 1260 from dealer.

Back