2014 Tacoma Nothing but Junk

scc.timmy

4dr 4x4 limited v6
I have had a 1999, 2003 and 2014 Tacomas and they just keep getting worse and warranty to stand behind unfaulted failures is horrible.
Have faulty cooling system and service kept telling me it was airlocked and they kept fixing until warranty ran out then it turned into all that time a $600 plus radiator w hole in it. You cant hardly even see the radiator thru grill to get hole in it.
Now lost AC and almost $500 cause a hi pressure hose busted in 3yrs
And Entune is worse thing i ever seen freezing blue tooth half works most of time and gas mileage terrible lucky if 15mpg.

I really messed up getting this maintenance costly nightmare. My friend bought the dodge i was going to get and hasnt had any issues and alot better gas mileage

Seems like if you where having problems with that system and warranty work was being completed during the time of warranty that if there wasn't a fix and they attempted to fix it more than three times and still could not. There is a lemon law for that sort of thing.
I'd be contacting corporate and having a conversation with them about that. They should have continued to fix it under warranty even after the time was up. It shouldn't be your burden. Not your fault they couldn't figure it out in time.
There will be problems with all vehicles. Dodge is no different.
Good luck.
Welcome to the forum.

My 2016 tacoma is the sweetest ride i ever owned. Had it for over a year and i still watch it as i walk away everyday cause its just so sexy

I agree. I've had first and second gen Tacoma's. And I have a third gen 17 TRD Sport DCLB right now. I'm loving the new Tacoma's.
It seems like people are having their complaints with them but I don't have a single problem with mine. Classic Toyota dependability with a lot of cool new features.
I hate you've had issues but it seems like more of a misdiagnosing issue by the dealership as Whippersnapper said. Hoses fail on all vehicles.

4dr 4x4 limited v6
I have had a 1999, 2003 and 2014 Tacomas and they just keep getting worse and warranty to stand behind unfaulted failures is horrible.
Have faulty cooling system and service kept telling me it was airlocked and they kept fixing until warranty ran out then it turned into all that time a $600 plus radiator w hole in it. You cant hardly even see the radiator thru grill to get hole in it.
And Entune is worse thing i ever seen freezing blue tooth half works most of time and gas mileage terrible lucky if 15mpg.

I really messed up getting this maintenance costly nightmare. My friend bought the dodge i was going to get and hasnt had any issues and alot better gas mileage
Spill over from Tacoma World? new member too hmmmm:D

4dr 4x4 limited v6

I had a 2003 and now a 2015, both 4 cylinder, manual transmission. I never spent any money on either except oil changes and tires. I had 50 vehicles since I started driving in 1956. The Tacomas and Honda CRV's are the most reliable.

Having dealt with Toyota corporate for years, a couple of phone calls to the regional manager about his problems with the issues and the dealer itself would have been resolved. I have owned most manufactures and Ford and Toyota have been far and above the best to deal with on new AND USED vehicles and the quality of their product...so with such problems as cooling and A/C...I can't see these issues as a truck problem, but an owner problem.

4dr 4x4 limited v6

Tacoma's don't suck, you do.

I follow a few Toyota truck websites and the seems to be a lot of trolling going on and the theme always is that Toyotas suck and they are having numerous problems(unverified) as a normal occurances with other owners. Most of this type of trolling happens on the Tacoma world site with the newer 3rd gen trucks to the point of nausea, and it ruined at one time a very good/informative site for Toyota truck enthusiates.

I follow a few Toyota truck websites and the seems to be a lot of trolling going on and the theme always is that Toyotas suck and they are having numerous problems(unverified) as a normal occurances with other owners. Most of this type of trolling happens on the Tacoma world site with the newer 3rd gen trucks to the point of nausea, and it ruined at one time a very good/informative site for Toyota truck enthusiates.

Some people are never satisfied. Tacoma's are hands down the most iconic midsize truck ever produced. Hence the reason they outsell every other midsize pickup.
Anything mechanical and man made will have an issue no matter what it is. I'll never understand the reasoning for getting on a thread just to say how bad your truck sucks.
To me the logical thing to do would be to seek advice from fellow Tacoma owners or to see if there is a common theme for a certain problem.
Oh well.

4dr 4x4 limited v6

I'm sure you could find someone to trade you straight across for a Dodge. Then you could have a reliable truck just like your buddy does...... Although my experience with Dodge products has not been good unless it's the Cummins diesel

4dr 4x4 limited v6

So did you end up getting rid of the taco?

He could trade in the taco on a dodge. I bet the taco brings more used than the dodge. I’m not a dodge fan. Check the trade in difference on a 2014 dodge and a 2014 taco. I know for a fact a 4dr taco is around 30k that’s why I bought a new taco.

Back