2014 Tacoma tacoma in progress

Good choice on the tires. You might need to take the front mud flips off if it rubs. You’re going from stock 265/65/17 which is 30.6” tall to 265/70/17 which is 31.6” tall the width stays the same at 10.4”. It might not rub but if you hear something start grinding when you’re turning into a driveway or turning and hit a dip or bump it’s the tire hitting the flap. Your trucks not broken.

Good choice on the tires. You might need to take the front mud flips off if it rubs. You’re going from stock 265/65/17 which is 30.6” tall to 265/70/17 which is 31.6” tall the width stays the same at 10.4”. It might not rub but if you hear something start grinding when you’re turning into a driveway or turning and hit a dip or bump it’s the tire hitting the flap. Your trucks not broken.
I'm thinking of lifting it without breaking the bank I still have one year 3 months left to pay it off Any suggestions or would you recommend to wait

I'm thinking of lifting it without breaking the bank I still have one year 3 months left to pay it off Any suggestions or would you recommend to wait
If you like the stock look keep it. It all depends on your use and needs. If you plan on taking it off-road and need the clearance for larger tires then a lift is useful. If you drive it around town all the time and it’s your daily driver and commuter then leave everything stock. As soon as you put larger tires and a lift expect to get about 13mpg around town.

If you like the stock look keep it. It all depends on your use and needs. If you plan on taking it off-road and need the clearance for larger tires then a lift is useful. If you drive it around town all the time and it’s your daily driver and commuter then leave everything stock. As soon as you put larger tires and a lift expect to get about 13mpg around town.
I do love the look of the ko2's from 265/65/17 stock to 265/70/17 ko2
Is the gas consumption that much of a big difference

I do love the look of the ko2's from 265/65/17 stock to 265/70/17 ko2
Is the gas consumption that much of a big difference
You’ll take a small hit going from 30.6”-31.6” hard to say exactly how much. Maybe ~2mpg. If you lift it and go 285/70/17 that’s when you can expect about 13mpg around town.

Put some bilstein 5100’s on it and set them on #1-3 and put the 265/70/17 KO2’s. You’ll be very happy with that set up and if you ever want to get larger tires you can add new coils and or raise the shocks to setting #4 and add a leaf in back.

That's the set up I'm running on mine but when with procomps for now
And taller won't fit in the garage had to cut stock antenna (lost some reception in the hills) but other than that all good

Yeah I would like to upgrade to a 4x4 but would have to look for a 2nd Gen not really fond of the 3rd Gen front end that's what really stopping me from getting a 3rd gen

Back