2014 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4 Best lift?

Nado3105

Hey y’all, new to this forum and this is my first Tacoma. I’m wanting to lift the truck. Right now I have a 2014 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4. I’m researching into who suspension lift would be best. I mainly use the truck for daily driving, going to the beach here in South Texas and going fishing in some pretty secluded places. I don’t do any Rock crawling so I don’t need something too crazy extravagant just something that will keep the ride similar to or better then stock. I am lookin at anything from 2.5” - 4“ lift. What are y’all using? What should I stay away from? Anything I might need to add to my lift for better ride? Any and all info is appreciated thanks! Pic is back when it snowed down here earlier in the year! 53440838833__D0A4AE91-8238-45D0-BB4E-E93A2539B9B3.JPG

What's your budget?

I'd stay away from drop bracket and spacer lifts.

I don’t actually have a budget in mind to stay under X amount. I know the better quality lift are going to be higher in prices and that’s understandable. But if I’m simply going to be using it for DD, beach going and fishing I don’t really want a 4k or 5k lift unless everything else is just trash but idk. I would probably say I am fine with $2000 - $3500.

I don’t actually have a budget in mind to stay under X amount. I know the better quality lift are going to be higher in prices and that’s understandable. But if I’m simply going to be using it for DD, beach going and fishing I don’t really want a 4k or 5k lift unless everything else is just trash but idk. I would probably say I am fine with $2000 - $3500.

OME would fit your budget and it is very good.

I have a Toytec Boss kit that comes with everything except UCA's for around $1200 if you don't want to spend much. You should add a set of upper control arms to be able to adjuster caster and camber. They (Toytec) recommend 2.5" to 3" of lift. The UCA's start around $500 and go up from there. So you would be under $2,000 for parts not including labor if you can do it yourself.

https://www.toyteclifts.com

Scroll around here for a little bit. Should be able to find something that tickles your fancy.

l purchased 2017 toyota tacoma off road l never abuse the car l have the truck 23 month now and l notice the ticking /tapping noise it very noticeable at the left side when you standing at the front of engine easy to say is passenger side, did any body expierenced this kind of noise please share me if encountered this issue thanks

l purchased 2017 toyota tacoma off road l never abuse the car l have the truck 23 month now and l notice the ticking /tapping noise it very noticeable at the left side when you standing at the front of engine easy to say is passenger side, did any body expierenced this kind of noise please share me if encountered this issue thanks

Better to start a new thread on this with the title to match your issue than to randomly post in an active thread.

Tapping is fine. Worry if it's a knock.

I have a Toytec Boss kit that comes with everything except UCA's for around $1200 if you don't want to spend much. You should add a set of upper control arms to be able to adjuster caster and camber. They (Toytec) recommend 2.5" to 3" of lift. The UCA's start around $500 and go up from there. So you would be under $2,000 for parts not including labor if you can do it yourself.

I will check what Toytec Boss kits have to offer. That price sounds pretty good I’m not too sure I could do the install myself. Did you have to do any cutting into the frame or anything like that?

I got a quote from a local company for a 4” BDS parts and labor installed for $2700. I don’t know if that is reasonable or if they are asking too much. Also I was on the BDS website and they have both the 4” and 6” BDs lifts for almost the same price of about $1900.

It’s a Toyota thing. Their engines have sounded like that for decades. You can always check the oil and air filters if you are worried. Like @whippersnapper02 said if it’s knocking you have problems.
http://www.tacomaforum.com/threads/engine-tick.3780/

I will look into the OEM, do I need to buy UCA with this lift?

The problem with lifting is the factory UCA's will not allow for additional caster. So you need aftermarket UCA's that have adjustment for caster which is important for handling. Especially on highways/freeways. I have a 2015 4X4 lifted 3" and per everyone I talked to say caster should be around 3.5 degrees. Max I can get with factory UCA's is 1.5 degrees.

The problem with lifting is the factory UCA's will not allow for additional caster. So you need aftermarket UCA's that have adjustment for caster which is important for handling. Especially on highways/freeways. I have a 2015 4X4 lifted 3" and per everyone I talked to say caster should be around 3.5 degrees. Max I can get with factory UCA's is 1.5 degrees.

This is very helpful thanks.

Back