2014's out?

34blast

Hi,

Are the 2014 tacoma's out?

I'm finally at the end with my 97 T100 4x4. I've been thinking about it for 3 years and going for a Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 TRD off road. I have been sort of waiting to see what will happen with the supposed redesign for 2014. I asked a dealer for a quote yesterday since I'm having some issues with the T100, they came back with a 2014. She said no major changes.

So I'm a bit confused, is 2014 a new truck or just the same old 2nd generation Tacoma? Also it looks like there is a color called blue ribbon versus nautical blue. My choices were nautical blue then Spruce Mica.

I don't want to buy it then find out there is a 2014 1/2 that has the new truck. Honestly, it will be my daily driver and I could use the better gas mileage.

Any body have any idea?

I'm pretty sure its the same truck as the 2013's. It's hard to believe how long they've gone without a major redesign.

People complain that it isn't updated often enough but you keep dropping cash on it as is. I wouldn't be in a hurry to change anything either if the money kept flowing.

Personally I think the 2nd generation trucks have no distinction, 2 big looking/ aerodynamics and styling of a "brick", and price tags that "most young people" can't even think about paying in todays economy, along with bad gas mileage because of the above comments!

Toyota trucks got there start with an affordable truck that really appealed to the younger crowd/generation who didn't make extremely large salaries!

So what do they do when gas prices are going through the roof and the young generation are coming of age and having a HELL of a time finding decent jobs?
They build bigger trucks with "BLUNT" front ends that will loose gas mileage due to there design and size!!!!

They had the correct concept in the first generation trucks but decided to change there design to copy Chevy and Ford so they could control the work market! What they don't/didn't realize is now there vehicles look basically the same, no distinction.

This is a prime time for some new company or existing company to realize that it's the young people that are tomorrows BIG buyers, and they will buy the brands they are familiar with!

It appears that half my post was cut off for some reason!

Nice midsize car will set you back 30k (unless you buy a kia or hyundai). Why would a mid size truck be cheaper? Plus at the price they still sell.

Staying competitive is the name of the game in the truck market!

Plus the resale value is better than any competition out there...

Love my TACO :notworthy:

Click Here!

Last edited:
2013 Tacoma around $30,000 F150 $45 and up. Not too many small trucks made anymore.

2014 they change the back up camera to the radio and a new package. Check YouTube.

Before my Tacoma I had an 03 Ranger. The Ranger forum people would tell me I was nuts for spending 30K on a mid size because I could get an F150 for the same price. Too bad an FX4 Crew Cab was like 40 at the time. Also you get full size mileage along with a full size truck.

Last edited:
Before my Tacoma I had an 03 Ranger. The Rangwr forum people would tell me I was nuts for spending 30K on a mid size because I could get an F150 for the same price. Too bad an FX4 Crew Cab was like 40 at the time. Also you get full size mileage along with a full size truck.

By the time you toss a few options into a 150 (so you dont get a bare balls one, youre looking at close to 40k). Sticker on my old mans sierra was 39 and i got more goodies than he does.

By the time you toss a few options into a 150 (so you dont get a bare balls one, youre looking at close to 40k). Sticker on my old mans sierra was 39 and i got more goodies than he does.

My son in law bought a new F150 short bed the new V6 and window sticker was 51,000 and it wasn't the top of the line. He says it doesn't come close to the gas mileage they say and the air condition takes for ever to get cold. He has to pay for his first 2 years and beyond service, which you don't for the 1st two years for the Tacoma. The Tacoma in 5 years will still be tight and no rattles, The Ford won't be. The only thing I don't like about the Tacoma is the bed size. I wish it was deeper. All my hunting clothes containers won't fit with a cover on the bed and I don't want a cap.

Back