2015 Tacoma 4 Cylinder

da55da

Hey Yall,

I have a 2015 Tacoma, 4 cylinder that i bought straight out the dealership when new. Ive put this thing through a lot of miles. Recently ive heard a rattle in the undercarriage and a bumpy ride when driving. I have new tires, new shocks/struts in the last year but still i have these issues.
I am thinking the suspension is getting worned out now. Do yall have any recommendations? I have loaded my bed with some heavy loads in the past but nothing extreme.
New leafsprings?
New suspension?
Any recommendations on how to beef up my suspension since ive been using it more and more for heavy work?

Thanks,

Dave

Have you been under the truck to inspect all suspension, bolts, loose items like exhaust hanger etc? You hear the rattles from rear or front? 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive? All lug nuts tight? Re-torque suspension bolts especially since recent replacement. Good luck....

Ive been under and saw nothing out of place, the rattle is heard more when i step on the gas too. Its a 2WD 4 Cylinder.

Dont know if its related or not, but the other day i had a load of dirt in my bed. It was 1 yard and my bed sunk. I guess the load was too heavy because as i drove away the ride was rough and it was as if the bed was rubbing on the chasis all the way. It was clunky and i only drove 10 mph all the way. I had done loads like that before but this was the first time its done this.

Dont know if its related or not, but the other day i had a load of dirt in my bed. It was 1 yard and my bed sunk. I guess the load was too heavy because as i drove away the ride was rough and it was as if the bed was rubbing on the chasis all the way. It was clunky and i only drove 10 mph all the way. I had done loads like that before but this was the first time its done this.

Could be springs or shocks.

Back