2015 Tacoma

bhturner63

I just bought a 2015 Tacoma 4wd with a V6 and was wondering if it's normal to hear a little ticking noise when it's idling. Thanks

I just bought a 2015 Tacoma 4wd with a V6 and was wondering if it's normal to hear a little ticking noise when it's idling. Thanks
It's normal. That's the Toyota tick. It's been like that for as long as I've driven toyota trucks. Even their trucks in the 80's made the sowing machine noise.

Whew!! Thanks. I was sure hoping it was. The other noise I hear is when I turn the engine off, its a fan like sound that lasts a few seconds after the engine quits. I hope that's normal too. Other than that it's quiet and smooth

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Taco Forum

It had 48,000 on it when I got it last week. That seemed a little high to me for a 2 year old truck but the dealer said it was all highway miles. The truck looked brand new

I had a 2001 Ford Ranger XLT for 14 years. I'm hoping this one will last me a while too

It had 48,000 on it when I got it last week. That seemed a little high to me for a 2 year old truck but the dealer said it was all highway miles.
That's on the higher side of miles per year but its got lots of life left. Maintain it and she will last you a long time. Hope you got a good deal on it since the miles are a little higher than average.
Do you have pictures?

I think I will too. It's the nicest truck I've ever had lol. It drives so quiet and smooth, a great sound system with Bluetooth, back up camera, and all sorts of little storage compartments all over the place lol

I'm not sure if the brush guard came on it or was owner added. I was going to take it off and sell it but then it sort of grew on me and I decided I liked it

Only problem you might have with it is that you'll want to spend money making it yours. That's how that grill guard got on there.

Lol you're probably right. Right now It seems to have everything I could possibly want on a truck but I'm sure I'll think of something else eventually

It looks set up. I would sale the grill guard tint the windows to match all around, get black or gunmetal wheels with BFG KO2's and a bakflip MX4 tonneau cover to start. But that's me ;) it looks good just the way it is. If you like it that's all that matters.

The guy at the Toyota dealership said I could easily get $500 for the guard, it looks new too. It's a Ranch Hand. So its an option. I'm not sure what the other things you mentioned are lol but I do like the gunmetal wheels idea

Back