2015 TRD Offroad 4wd low range

Captpoco

I recently attempted to put my Trd in 4 low to pull my boat up a boat ramp, and it somehow locked up. I could not go fwd or back. A one ton truck finally hooked on the front with the idea to pull me up and off the boat ramp.
As he took a strain on my TRD, there was a loud popping noise and my TRD broke free from being locked up. I think the transfer case was stuck between being in and out of 4 low.
I still have 4 high, but no 4 low.

Any thoughts moving fwd would be appreciated.

Captpoco

I recently attempted to put my Trd in 4 low to pull my boat up a boat ramp, and it somehow locked up. I could not go fwd or back. A one ton truck finally hooked on the front with the idea to pull me up and off the boat ramp.
As he took a strain on my TRD, there was a loud popping noise and my TRD broke free from being locked up. I think the transfer case was stuck between being in and out of 4 low.

Captpoco
Ehhh.... idk but, doesn't sound fun or cheap...

Captpoco

Use 2WD low? The weight of the trailer and boat should give you more than enough traction. Also, you're suppose to be moving forward when you put it into 4WD.

I one time had my parking brake freeze (it wouldn't release) and I remember when trying to drive it made a loud pop. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a tooth on a gear breaking but my truck works fine and it's been over a year. I assume your truck is okay? Do you think the actuator could have been stuck and maybe the snap was the actuator rod? That could explain why you can't get it into 4WL
How much does your boat & trailer weigh? What was the grade of the ramp? Could you have overloaded the tranny? First time hauling a boat up the ramp?

Back