2015 TRD SPORT 4x4 LB flipped and totaled!!

Robozoo

On December 23rd 10am just outside of Bend Oregon"on my way to St.Maries Idaho to see family for Holidays"my wife and myself hit a strip of black ice on a 45mph S curve in 4Hi the Rig did a complete 180 in about 2 seconds and bounced over center divider/curb4ft wide and ended up in on coming traffic. Two big rigs were literally 30ft from bashing us
With the truck still sliding and my passenger side facing the traffic I had no choice but to put her in the the ditch.
As soon as I hit the soft shoulder we cough a pivot point and flipped hard! It was a complete roll. But luckily we landed on our wheels with not a scratch on us.the truck truly did what it was supposed to to do. It saved our lives. I can't be sure it would have went down any other way in any other vehicle.
However 10 days later I've developed a left ear infection outer and inner that the doctor says was caused my the side curtain air bag. So for now I can't here our of my left.
In short,I had full coverage and gap insurance. I just got my new new Tacoma a on the 21st and I couldn't be happier to be driving anything else.
New to this site can't wait dig in!
Peace!
Here's a few shots of the old girl and the new.
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1454090661.723714.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1454090678.591028.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1454090701.172397.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1454090715.107026.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1454090732.538123.jpg

Last edited:
On December 23rd 10am just outside of Bend Oregon"on my way to St.Maries Idaho to see family for Holidays"my wife and myself hit a strip of black ice on a 45mph S curve in 4Hi the Rig did a complete 180 in about 2 seconds and bounced over center divider/curb4ft wide and ended up in on coming traffic. Two big rigs were literally 30ft from bashing us
With the truck still sliding and my passenger side facing the traffic I had no choice but to put her in the the ditch.
As soon as I hit the soft shoulder we cough a pivot point and flipped hard! It was a complete roll. But luckily we landed on our wheels with not a scratch on us.the truck truly did what it was supposed to to do. It saved our lives. I can't be sure it would have went down any other way in any other vehicle.
However 10 days later I've developed a left ear infection outer and inner that the doctor says was caused my the side curtain air bag. So for now I can't here our of my left.
In short,I had full coverage and gap insurance. I just got my new new Tacoma a on the 21st and I couldn't be happier to be driving anything else.
New to this site can't wait dig in!
Peace!
Here's a few shots of the old girl and the new.
View attachment 7895View attachment 7896View attachment 7897View attachment 7898View attachment 7899
Glad you two are ok. That's the most important part. They are a tough truck. Thanks for sharing your story. Like the new truck. Welcome to the family. Any questions feel free to ask. We are all here to help.

Back