2015 v6 trd full synthetic

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by ChrisRHays, Sep 10, 2019.

1. ChrisRHays

ChrisRHays Active Member

What are y’all running and how often are you changing the oil.. it has 37k on it .. figured I’ll just change my own which I never do.. it will be my first oil change ever don’t judge me!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Crawdad and B-Man like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. bdarnold12

bdarnold12 Well-Known Member

I'm running Amsoil signature series, change it every 6 months which is in the 5/6 thousand mile range.

B-Man likes this.
  4. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Just don't drain the transmission...

Crawdad and B-Man like this.
  5. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

I run Mobil1 and change every 3,000 miles.

bdarnold12 and kp.taco like this.
  6. kp.taco

Same here.. mobile 1 synthetic every 5 to 7k

bdarnold12 and B-Man like this.
  7. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

I know Toyota says 10K on oil changes......I just can't do it! That's alot of miles on oil! I figure 3K has worked well for me over the years and I get Mobil1 when its on sale and occasionally Mobil1 has factory rebates which helps keep the cost down.

bdarnold12 and kp.taco like this.
  8. kp.taco

Yea I cant go 10k either.. maybe it's safe idk I'm just not comfortable going that long

B-Man and bdarnold12 like this.
  9. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

I shoot for every 4-5k miles. I switched from Mobile 1 to Castrol several oil changes ago and am pleased with my decision. Lol

B-Man likes this.
  10. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

I've ran Mobil 1, Amsoil and Royal Purple but now exclusively Amsoil but always changed every 5K miles. Any off the shelf oil of the correct viscosity will work fine.

B-Man likes this.
  11. OP
    ChrisRHays

ChrisRHays Active Member

I picked up 6 quarts of Castrol Edge 5w-30

B-Man and Crawdad like this.
  12. OP
    ChrisRHays

ChrisRHays Active Member

Figured I would just do it myself abt 40 for oil, filter and drain plug deal instead of 79.99 at the oil change place .. just will get my tires rotated every other oil change?

B-Man likes this.