2016-2017 Cheap Radio Knob Grips

mrproduxn

If you have a 2016 or 2017 Toyota Tacoma then you have the tiny slick radio knobs. I have rubber grips that make your knobs work better. Something this simple gives you better control of the volume and channel controls. No more accidentally hitting your touchscreen when you simply adjust your volume. $8.50 with PayPal. Free shipping. PM for more info. PayPal link is XXXXXX/XXXXXX/XXX (include a mailing address)
taco-knobs.jpg knobs.jpeg
NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Last edited:
Hi,

Since I have funds in my paypal account and there is no fee for this do I still need to pay $8 via paypal?

Would like to order just need clarification.

Thanks,

David

Just have to put it in my account at
XXXXX/XXXX/XXXX
Had to raise price to 8.50 because of shipping fees that have been as high as $3.00 in some cases. No consistency with post office.
NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Last edited:
Wow they must use mule delivery carts there and if you got them then I got paid. Good thing they are rubber.

I apologize for not keeping this site updated. I completely changed shipping for these. I have been selling them on ebay for $9.25 and that includes more protective packaging and a USPS first class tracking number. For any members here that are interested I will sell pairs here for $9. That is a whopping $2.88 profit. I do apologize for not keeping this posting up to date. The new address for purchase is paypal.me/mrproduxn/9.00

I apologize for not keeping this site updated. I completely changed shipping for these. I have been selling them on ebay for $9.25 and that includes more protective packaging and a USPS first class tracking number. For any members here that are interested I will sell pairs here for $9. That is a whopping $2.88 profit. I do apologize for not keeping this posting up to date. The new address for purchase is paypal.me/mrproduxn/9.00
I remember when you could get these for $7. Inflation is a biznatch...
More protective packaging???
They are rubber :confused:

Had some received torn, some received with a torn package, some missing a ring. Replaced all for free. Yes I had to fix that. Now shipping is fixed at $2.70 for 1st class with tracking and now protected in cardboard. At first I was just throwing 2 stamps on a regular envelope. That just did not work out. Trust me it is not really worth my time and the labor is still free. Then I had material with air pockets that netted 2 pair out of material for 8 pair. But as long as people want them I still will make them. Have request for quotes out now to hopefully get them manufactured cheaper so can bring the cost back down. Would love to get back to around $7.50. Time will tell. Even at $9 it is still simply a hobby.

pretty sure I paid $7.50 but they came in a letter envelope. No complaints, I like. I just wish they had different colors.

That is included in my request for quotes to rubber part manufacturers. As it is now I net more money for 1 hour of overtime than I do selling 11 pair of the grips which takes much longer than 1 hour to make, package, print labels and deliver to the post office.

It would not hurt my feelings if another machinist wants to try and make these cheaper. That would be great and more people could take advantage of cheap easier radio operation. Someone that already owns a machine shop business could mass produce them on a cnc lathe. Would beat the heck out of me producing one at a time on a drill press set up for a turning operation. Not easy maintaining consistency with my setup. I did start out just making them for myself and a few locals so long term manufacturing was never in the plan until a few people on the forums started wanting them. At last count I have mailed out 93 pair of them. That is a lot of inhaling rubber on my garage drill press.

That is included in my request for quotes to rubber part manufacturers. As it is now I net more money for 1 hour of overtime than I do selling 11 pair of the grips which takes much longer than 1 hour to make, package, print labels and deliver to the post office.
Sometimes we do things for the love.

Not really. I like the helping others part of it. The post office is what has driven up the price. I never cared about the money. If so I would have quit making them. So your statement is pretty accurate.

Well I for one think they rock! Stock slick knobs are for the birds! If you offer colors I will pay up to $10 without blinking :)

Meh. I know yours fit well and I'm okay with paying few bucks for someone else's handiwork rather than adding yet another project to my todo list or buying something from a corporate store/etc.
Let me know if you want another $.50 for my pair.

Back