2016 is a little porky

man.cave

I was on one of my wood yard sites that has a 60ton scale so I decided to weigh my taco with me in it. Now I weigh about 185 and I have: a bed mat, a steel box for gear in bed with 150+ lbs of gear in it, and a Yakima Bed Rock rack system and 2 viper bike holders. Fuel was about about 1/4. Trucked weighed I have a Double cab TRD Off Rd.

5080 LBS. My tundra with similar gear weighs alittle over 6000 without me in it. I have 4k miles on taco and average 20 MPG's every fill up calculated manually, but that is usually pretty close to the on board computer. I hope that the warmer months and summer gas will give me just a tad better MPG's.

It also seems like the tranny is settling down some. I use the manual shifter when I'm in town or low speed back roads, and merging on the interstate. One thing that the taco does pretty easily is hit the rev limit and cuts your power, it pulls strong in those higher rpms

Same as everybody hunts and want stay in 5th and 6th. Sluggish 1st gear, but that has more to do with gearing and the engine needing to be in higher rpm to get into powerband.

I use the ECT button when I don't feel like lugging around in major Eco mode. It's like a totally different truck with little hit on the mpg.

I use the ECT button when I don't feel like lugging around in major Eco mode. It's like a totally different truck with little hit on the mpg.
I agree! Everyone is bitching about no power . Then I see some of the same people bitching about mpg. Just hit the Power (ECT) button much better !

Back