2016 SR5 Traction Control

Scott Wyman

Ok, so I've come to trust the views and opinions of a few of the members of this most awesome Taco Forum so here's my quandary for y'all.

I was pulling out from a stop yesterday and when my rear wheels hit the painted Stop stripe they started to spin. I saw the Traction Control light flash and then my truck "growled". It sounded like it come from under the truck so I assume it was the TC doing its thing, but I've never heard that sound coming from any other vehicle.

Is that "growl" sound normal?

I absolutely know the feeling. I said a few choice words when mine did it pulled it up on the street and made sure stuff wasn’t dripping then took off like I stole it. All is well so far

Ok, so I've come to trust the views and opinions of a few of the members of this most awesome Taco Forum so here's my quandary for y'all.

I was pulling out from a stop yesterday and when my rear wheels hit the painted Stop stripe they started to spin. I saw the Traction Control light flash and then my truck "growled". It sounded like it come from under the truck so I assume it was the TC doing its thing, but I've never heard that sound coming from any other vehicle.

ABS probably.

My second and turd gens both did it.

Back