2016 steering wheel controls don't allow browse of songs

Steve Vacker

I just traded my 2014 Tacoma for a 2016 tacoma. Some idiot at Toyota decided it would be better to have the right side steering wheel controls allow us to see our air pressure and gas milage instead of browsing my songs on my Apple SPlus phone. Now i have to reach over and push icons on my Entune Stereo to browse my songs and browse my phone contacts. The 2014 Entune steering wheel controls worked great. I could browse and select songs and browse my contacts and select one with no problem. The 2016 Entune only allows me to go up and down from one song to the next. (No browsing is available). Now i have to browse from the screen. Thanks Toyota for making my Tacoma a much less safe vehicle to drive!!!!!!! The voice recognition is a joke and you can't browse with it either! They must have hired the same idiot who changed the Coke formula a few years back. Both dumb ideas! Don't fix something that isn't broke!

You have to use the steering wheel controls to scroll through the dash menu until you get to the music. It won't show up on the radio screen but it lets you control it on the dash screen

Back