2016 Taco Tonneau Covers

Nick Di iorio

Looking to purchase a Tonneau Cover for my 2016 TRD Sport 4 door Long Bed Taco. I have been checking all the websites and I am still not sure which one to buy. The most important thing to me is that I want it to be hard tri-fold and folding. Everyone is saying the BAK Flip is the way to go. But I also am looking at the Extang, American Tonneau, TonnoPro, and Rugged Hard.

The 2nd thing it most be is WATER TIGHT. I don't want my hunting gear to get wet from the rain and snow. Any information that you can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nick D

I got the LUND elite. Great price on Amazon 299. I had to add some of the given foam to the bed rail to make it water tight. No problems since. And it's not vylon it's a rip stop type material. Worth looking into. I shopped around and this was the best deal for the money.

I bought the undercover flex Tonneau. I am very happy with it. I don't believe any tri fold tonneaus are completely waterproof but the flex cover is pretty darn good. I would recommend it

The access vanish I find is not at all water tight. I had access original on my 2012 taco and that WS wTr tight

I bought the Bakflip HD for my 2016 Sport Model. Kind of pricey and not quite waterproof, but only a couple drops after a heavy rain. I really like the cover.

Last edited:
I bought the undercover flex Tonneau. I am very happy with it. I don't believe any tri fold tonneaus are completely waterproof but the flex cover is pretty darn good. I would recommend it
Just purchased my 2017 a week ago. Very interested in the Undercover Flex, and wondering if you are still happy with it? Any other endorsements would also be appreciated. Many Thanks!

I have a LEER cap on my 09 Tacoma. I had a cheap JC Whitney cover on the bed of my 02 Tundra... seemed to work well. Honestly, I really like the looks of these covers!!

Back