2016 Tacoma 4 door model wind noise

I just got off the phone with him again because iam still dealing with my windshield and I asked him about the tsb and he said it hasent come in yet but they went ahead and fixed the problem with the wind noise I live in Mass and use Falmouth Toyota

I just picked up my truck from the dealer and my service advisor assured me that Toyota is working on a fix for this, and to expect a TSB relatively soon.

Wind noise gone! Got it back from the service. Apparently the noise is coming from the lower swing arm holes and they plugged them. All gone

I have the same problem, going in tomorrow for my first 5k service and having them look at this annoying air sound. o_O

Hi Ivee had my Tacoma for about 10 days now and I have identified an obnoxious issue. There is a very anoying noise issue when driving at free way speeds on a windy day. a squeaky howl occurse, it seems to be coming from passenger side window. I have yet ben able to reproduce the sound for the dealer. Ill post more if and when a resolution is forth coming.
I had a 14 and now a 16 4 door tacoma. Both have this annoying vibration/wind noise at high speed. Dealership has never been able to solve it

They found the problem on mine the swing arms have holes in them . They plugged them and no more wind noise at 40 mph . Now I get on at exactly at 55 lol . Just can't win

Mine ended up being the passenger side door seal. I got lucky and it was windy when I took it in for service. They had it for 2 days but I haven't heard the noise since.

I was told by the service manager at my dealer that a tsb would be out for the door deals in May. As far as I know the tsb still hasn't been issued.

Hi Ivee had my Tacoma for about 10 days now and I have identified an obnoxious issue. There is a very anoying noise issue when driving at free way speeds on a windy day. a squeaky howl occurse, it seems to be coming from passenger side window. I have yet ben able to reproduce the sound for the dealer. Ill post more if and when a resolution is forth coming.

As I posted earlier, I have had a 2014 and my 2016 both with this wind noise and the intermittent screeching "reed type" noise.
I called Toyota customer service today after 1 more unhelpful call to my dealership. The number for Toyota Customer Service is 800-331-4331.
I was informed that Toyota has only 1 or two complaints of this issue in their records. There is no scheduled fix for this issue in the works.
I have been to dealerships since my 2014 and have been given several different answers, but it looks as though it is not an issue that Toyota is actually looking into.
I would suggest that every member of this forum call their dealership with this complaint and then call Toyota at 1-800-331-4331 and register their complaint.
This has been going on for years, and it seems that dealerships around the country are shining their customers on and not pursuing a nation-wide fix.
My complaint record number is 1606131646. I think it is time to flood Toyota with complaints about this problem.

I was informed that Toyota has only 1 or two complaints of this issue in their records. There is no scheduled fix for this issue in the works.

I was just told by a customer service rep that he has had a lot of calls about this issue.

Good! I hope the rep you spoke with is competant. The rep i spoke with was just a phone bank employee. This issue is at least 3 years old, so it should be a concern to Toyota

Good! I hope the rep you spoke with is competant. The rep i spoke with was just a phone bank employee. This issue is at least 3 years old, so it should be a concern to Toyota

The service manager that I spoke to said that Toyota has actually located the problem. He said it's "an outer molding around the door".

I just noticed the wind noise this past week after finding a black plastic pin type fastener in my floorboard. I haven't had a chance to locate where the fastener came from, but I am betting it has something to do with the wind noise from my drivers side window. Took a trip a month ago approximately 700 miles round trip, all highway, and didn't notice any wind noise at all. I had the radio off for the majority of the trip as well. Now I hear the wind noise over the radio. So annoying. I will post again once I figure out where the pin fastener came from and if it changes anything once replaced.

I just noticed the wind noise this past week after finding a black plastic pin type fastener in my floorboard. I haven't had a chance to locate where the fastener came from, but I am betting it has something to do with the wind noise from my drivers side window. Took a trip a month ago approximately 700 miles round trip, all highway, and didn't notice any wind noise at all. I had the radio off for the majority of the trip as well. Now I hear the wind noise over the radio. So annoying. I will post again once I figure out where the pin fastener came from and if it changes anything once replaced.

Yeah let us know what you find out.

I can't figure it out. I'll take it in soon. Sounds almost like plastic against metal near the dash/drivers side mirror.

Took mine in for service today, mentioned about howling noises at interstate speeds. Service writer drove it down I-10 and couldn't here it, got the usual run around horse **** response that Toyota never heard of it in16's but did in 15's and they corrected that one. I mentioned reading about this and other issues I have experienced, as many others have posted, and it's like they never heard of them. If your livelihood was servicing Toyotas would you not read forums to see what the real owners were saying? Since I travel as part of my living I say the last sentence applies to about 6 different dealers in the S.E. Those idiots don't know what goes on except little old Mrs. Gladys brought in her 5 yr old Prius with 15000 miles on it and charges her out the rear for an oil change. Rant over.

i have the same problem I contancted toyota manufacturer and they are aware of the issue I have called them and told them so pls call I believe it is a design problem and they do not have a fix for it now file a complaint with the manufacturer I have a 2015 and it has the problem the problem is not from ur ur new model but it is aslo from previous years and this is an on going problem I hate this noise record the problem while it happens keep record of it and ask for a full refund for this defective truck if not u will have this issue for the rest of the trucks life

Last edited:
Back