2016 Tacoma TRD sport

I have had my taco for 3months now and just noticed that I have a Leaky sunroof any suggestions? Also now iam noticing a wind noise seems like it is coming from the drivers side also anyone else had this problem and any suggestions?

I'm having the same wind noise from the driver side. Not from the control arm like some others.
Passed through Wyoming the other day, bad 40mph X-wind (from passenger to driver side), the howl then sounded like chewbacca was outside my truck the whole time.
Like the noise a straw makes when you move it up and down in a cup.
Sadly I didn't feel like Han Solo, i just wanted to shoot that damn wookie.
I can't figure out for the life of me what it is.

16' TRD Off Road DCLB Inferno

Your leaky sunroof may be caused by the top drain holes being plugged if you have left it open a lot this winter or since you got it and water then has no where to go but in and down. If it's that easy fix use compressed air and blow from top down the drain lines. I hope that helps.

Thanks for that ! I took it back to dealer and they said it was out of adjustment . So they adjusted it and supposedly did a water test . But low and behold the next rainstorm sure enough it started leaking again . Now it going back to dealer overnight for some expert to look at . Let's hope this works . If not it's going back to dealer permanently

I have had my taco for 3months now and just noticed that I have a Leaky sunroof any suggestions? Also now iam noticing a wind noise seems like it is coming from the drivers side also anyone else had this problem and any suggestions?
Mine is leaking and going back to the dealer for its second repair. The first repair was due to rattling and some screws which were cross threaded. I have 7200 miles on the truck and it just started leaking today. And I'm not talking about just a drip or two, it's leaking a lot. I hate this truck so much and every aspect, I'm about to take it in the rear and terminate my lease early and get into a four runner.

I took my back 3 times and finally they came back and assured me that this was the way it was designed to work and leak into the drip pan ! Fortunately it has never leaked inside the truck . I gave up soon as it leaks inside the truck it's going back for good

IMG_6937.JPG I had enough of the Tacoma and found the best resolution to all of the combine problems I had with the truck including the sunroof. And here it is.

I guess I won't be posting any more on this forum. Everyone stay safe and hopefully you don't have a lemon sitting in your driveway like I did. I got lubed in the corn hole pretty good but I figure the amount of blood pressure medication I would have bought over the next few years would have been more expensive than just getting a new vehicle.

There are quite a few reports of blocked drain lines in the new Tacoma sunroof. Must be a poor drain design. Usually this takes a solid year to develop. We gave up on a sunroof years ago. Had a beautiful 06 Highlander and the plastic gear belt broke at 51k miles. It was nearly fully open and my kid tried closing it in the wrong direction. Stripped the plastic gear teeth. Toyota was zero help and wanted $1200 to fix it. Took it to an upholstery shop to safely remove the long hard headliner and all the trim. Then I bought a new gear belt for around $200. Fixed it and had headliner installed. Spent around $400 total. Funny thing is my work commuter sunroof, in a 98 Maxima with 90k miles, never failed or leaked.

Last edited:
Back