2016 TRD OR brake pedal squeak

tacoinmyfuture

I test drove a 2016 OR and kept hearing a weird little squeak when I would first apply pressure to the brake. I read on a forum that this is common and normal but I didn’t hear a squeak on the 2017 model. Have you heard anything about the squeak issue? There was a short video posted on another forum of the sound but I cannot find it anymore. I’m not sure I would get used to the sound [emoji848]
Thanks

Wait till it has 85 k like mine . I love the truck but I have had squeaks under the dash and varus other places since day one. Good luck trying to get dealership to fix it. They won’t fix mine .

I test drove a 2016 OR and kept hearing a weird little squeak when I would first apply pressure to the brake. I read on a forum that this is common and normal but I didn’t hear a squeak on the 2017 model. Have you heard anything about the squeak issue? There was a short video posted on another forum of the sound but I cannot find it anymore. I’m not sure I would get used to the sound [emoji848]
Thanks
My 2017 DCLB OR brake pedal squeaks and has from day one it’s annoying as hell and they won’t fix it because there’s nothing to fix ie it’s normal.

Thanks
My breaks squek, they said its brake dust bla bla, they cleaned it and few weeks later the dj was dropping the beat again[emoji23] quite pethetic i would say on brand new brakes. Ill probably gice them **** and try to have them replaced.

My breaks squek, they said its brake dust bla bla, they cleaned it and few weeks later the dj was dropping the beat again[emoji23] quite pethetic i would say on brand new brakes. Ill probably gice them **** and try to have them replaced.
That’s the breaks. It’s the brake pedal that we are taking about.

Yeah, it’s some kind of electronic sound of some sort. Very strange and very annoying! I will test drive another one soon.

Just bought a 2018 and have the same problem. Wish I'd seen this page. I might not have bought the truck. That noise drives me crazy.

I wonder if what you hear as a squeak is the wheeze noise the brake booster makes when you press on the pedal? Try pressing the pedal half a dozen times with the engine off. Once the vacuum is exhausted in the booster the squeak should go away if that is the problem.

Last edited:
Back